User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2023 Momentum 25G Solar Monitor Display Location?

Hello all,

I'm taking delivery of a New 2023 Momentum 25G in 2 days and after my pretty extensive walk through with sales guy, no tech person.

We can't locate the Solar Monitor Display. It has 2-330W Solar Panels and 2000w inverter. I have a call and email into GD , they are trying to figure it out and said they'll get back to me.

The real PDI/Walk through will happen ,with a tech hopefully, before I take delivery. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bpep16 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm taking delivery of a New 2023 Momentum 25G in 2 days and after my pretty extensive walk through with sales guy, no tech person.

We can't locate the Solar Monitor Display. It has 2-330W Solar Panels and 2000w inverter. I have a call and email into GD , they are trying to figure it out and said they'll get back to me.

The real PDI/Walk through will happen ,with a tech hopefully, before I take delivery. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    When I look at the specs for the 25G, I don't see much in the way of a solar setup. Did you order that as an option? If you have panels, then you would have a charge controller. That may have a small display on it, but I'm not sure what you're expecting in the way of a "Solar Monitor Display." Some units come with a Bluetooth module so you can see what's going on with your phone.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Hope your PDI goes well.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    When I look at the specs for the 25G, I don't see much in the way of a solar setup. Did you order that as an option? If you have panels, then you would have a charge controller. That may have a small display on it, but I'm not sure what you're expecting in the way of a "Solar Monitor Display." Some units come with a Bluetooth module so you can see what's going on with your phone.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Hope your PDI goes well.
    It is an option
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Soundsailor, I did not order this option or the trailer just want to set eyes on a Solar Monitor Display to make sure everything checks out.Amps,Volts
    etc. and the dealer sales guy did not know.

It sounds like this is a Bluetooth/Phone App setup. I like the idea of the phone app but I'm used to my old Zamp Controller that's right in front of you inside the RV.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t even bother, it’s all Jamboni garbage (unless they put the Furrion stuff in now); When you have time replace the charge controller with:

Option 1: Victron (more expensive but the best) - SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 and BMW-712. All of these have Bluetooth built in so you can monitor and upgrade right away from phone for free. You can then add the Cerbo or Venus later and get full remote monitoring and add the 5 or 7” touch screen right near the radio. This is where I am current leading. It’s the best, most efficient but most expensive. Their monitoring portal is also free, no fees or subscriptions. Very well made stuff.

Option 2: Renogy or off brand. Replace MPPT with Rover Elite and RBM500 Battery Monitor plus BT-2 bluetooth device so the MPPT can be seen with phone. Later can add the Renogy One M1 to get a nice graphic display monitoring panel. Much much cheaper, made in China etc. Wait for a sale, it goes on sale all the time.

Option 3: Find someone on here that replaced their Furrion solar equipment with something better and make them a deal. It seems “ok” so far from my neighbour's trailer but no future connectivity that I have seen.

Cheers
    Tim

Note: if they did upgrade the monitor it’s likely hidden in the storage compartment. No idea why GD does this. Everyone else puts it near the main monitoring panel. An always move it.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the storage compartment behind the panel...my bluetooth adapter was defective and replaced free of charge. Been working flawlessly but the app needs to find it each time.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the helpful information. Yes, it is behind the storage compartment. I was pretty impressed with the 50A MPPT Controller and the power output of the solar. It lights up my Lifepo4 batteries pretty good*. Bluetooth link app is okay. WFCO WF-8955 AD Converter needs a firmware update according to WFCO Tech. It reverts back to Lead Acid charging mode*. WFCO recommends sending back to them in Indiana for latest firmware update. I'm running V1.17, there latest firmware is made for Battleborn/Lifepo4's according to tech. It's brand new, newer than V1.19.
    Future purchase might be a Progressive Dynamics PD4655V Converter. Not feeling real confident in the Auto Detection Converter technology yet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm, those PD4655V are pretty expensive. I think I might just toss all that RV stuff and install a proper Victron charger with Bluetooth so I can at least monitor it. That or just move up my full Victron Multiplus install plans since it then becomes the AC charger.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bpep16 View Post

It sounds like this is a Bluetooth/Phone App setup. I like the idea of the phone app but I'm used to my old Zamp Controller that's right in front of you inside the RV.
    Unless things have changed, it is Bluetooth only. As Thorvald says... there is a lot lacking in the factory setup and consider swapping some equipment. At a very minimum, add a Victron shunt to monitor everything at the batteries (which a solar controller by itself can't do). Mine came with a junk Jaboni charge controller and have since replaced with a Victron Charge Controller.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax