User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Arkansas rally

I am pondering the idea of creating/starting an annual rally in Hot Springs Arkansas, it is located in south/central area of the state and would give folks in “middle America” an opportunity to experience a rally. We moved to AR a little over a year ago and used to attend rallies in the southeast. We miss our Grand Design families. We volunteered and helped with functions and events and always had a blast. I believe I heard that Grand Design has a requirement of 100 units in order for them to participate, I am trying to confirm this. I am posting this to see how much interest there is here. Please reply and if I can get enough interest I will move forward.
    Rick & Linda
    2018 Silverado 3500 High Country
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking on a rally is no small chore ! We have volunteered since rally #1 for the national in IN and have seen all the growth in both Rallys and GD. That said , If you do Wagonmaster start smallish to get your feet wet. For your first I'd guess no more than 200 would help keep you sane LOL I'm not organized enough to even think about being a Wagonmaster.. Reach out to a few of the wagonmasters that have posted rallies here, I'm sure they'll offer up advice... You know what they say, build it and they will come.

The first GD National rally had 50 units, this year about 620 units! I'm wiped out by the end of the rally since it got so large and I just volunteer !

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When?

One idea is to find a campground that would be willing to have a couple of dozen rigs come in for a few days and has some sort of meeting area. Announce that date and place, and make sure that you let everyone know there are a limited number of spots. When they are filled, the Rally is full. Those who don't make the cut can be given information for other campgrounds in the area. The agreement with the host campground would be that others could drive up for some of the activities.

Most of the activities would probably be talking and eating, with maybe a bit of sight-seeing or shopping available. Keep it simple. You aren't looking for a full-time job for a year just to plan this.

BTW, something like what I just described is called an unRally on another forum. A "host" simply picks a place and date, with the campground trying their best to put the group more or less together. Sometimes there are only 3-4 rigs. Sometimes are are a lot more. No set program, just a lot of talking, eating, and, of course, showing off the rigs.

Might be nice to invite a local dealer to participate.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick & Linda View Post
    I am pondering the idea of creating/starting an annual rally in Hot Springs Arkansas, it is located in south/central area of the state and would give folks in “middle America” an opportunity to experience a rally. We moved to AR a little over a year ago and used to attend rallies in the southeast. We miss our Grand Design families. We volunteered and helped with functions and events and always had a blast. I believe I heard that Grand Design has a requirement of 100 units in order for them to participate, I am trying to confirm this. I am posting this to see how much interest there is here. Please reply and if I can get enough interest I will move forward.
    Do you have a CG in Hot Springs you're considering to hold the rally?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Catherine’s Landing on the Ouachita river and there is plenty to do in the area as well.
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David, that actually sounds like a great idea. We are going there this weekend 05/04-05/08 I will discuss this with the campground.
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catherine's Landing is a clean modern park, but their rates have gone through the roof recently. Well over $100/day. Maybe you could finagle a discount?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *** UPDATE ***
    One member suggested to try and start this off as an “in-rally” rally and that actually sounds like a Grand idea.
    Start off small and grow from there!
    The location I have in mind is Catherine’s Landing on the Ouachita river, the have plenty of campsites, well maintained, a beautiful pavilion, fishing, boat, kayak, and canoe rentals and zip lines. There is also plenty to do in the area. If this sounds interesting to anyone and also if anyone would like to volunteer and assist with things that would be welcome. I just think it would be nice to have one in our area. Linda and I have helped/volunteered at several rallies and know several of Grand Design employees. I think this could be a good thing for the area.
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I feel for sure we could get a discounted rate, most decent campgrounds are getting expensive.
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Catherine's Landing is a clean modern park, but their rates have gone through the roof recently. Well over $100/day. Maybe you could finagle a discount?
    Yup! Decided not to stay there last year because of their higher rates (since our last stay in 2021) and background check requirement for long term campers which they also charge for.

Not that we have anything to hide, just dont think longterm campers should share their info without the CG workers sharing theirs, or ALL campers sharing too....

IMO, they maybe looking to become an "exclusive" CG.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 05-01-2023 at 11:32 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast