User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to route wires through roof

As the title states, I am look for the best way to route wires through the roof of my 2600RB. We added a satellite dish and I need to get the coax down to the receiver. I am thinking of coming in either through the fridge vent or close to it. This should get me into the area where the antenna is routed as well. Has anyone done something similar? I thought about pulling out the furrion radio/dvd player to give me some kind of view or access to the space in the cabinet area. Does this sound reasonable? How easy is it to pop the DVD player out?

Thanks for any insight!
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fridge vent is good, but if not close enough I have drilled thru the roof and ceiling into a cabinet area where the cable is not visible. This was for solar and used a solar 'port' on the roof and sealed it up real good. I think your coax may be a similar diameter...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Fridge vent is good, but if not close enough I have drilled thru the roof and ceiling into a cabinet area where the cable is not visible. This was for solar and used a solar 'port' on the roof and sealed it up real good. I think your coax may be a similar diameter...
    As luck would have it, the fridge vent is only about 18" away from the satellite dish and there should be some empty space in there leading down to the TV area. I'm hoping that will be enough to fish the coax thru.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB