User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firestone red label 7500 bags on our 21 450 as part of a complete oba system. Love them.
    I wouldn’t use the 5000’s. If you do run the 5000’s you’ll be at max psi almost all the time towing vs 20-30 psi with the 7500’s.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    Firestone red label 7500 bags on our 21 450 as part of a complete oba system. Love them.
    I wouldn’t use the 5000’s. If you do run the 5000’s you’ll be at max psi almost all the time towing vs 20-30 psi with the 7500’s.
    good info, thank you!!

I am installing th7500XL’s Monday

you run 20-30 psi pulling which trailer (curious on siZe and weight pls)
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    good info, thank you!!

I am installing th7500XL’s Monday

you run 20-30 psi pulling which trailer (curious on siZe and weight pls)
    You’re welcome. That’s towing my 21 390rkr.
    3500 pin weight 15800 on the trailer axles. Just over 30k combined.
    Certainly not necessary but makes the bridge transitions much smoother. Truck sits level without bags. It’s stock height so when loaded it levels out. I added the bags to soften that harsh bang of the transition joints. I swear some of them feel like they are missing material.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 F450 and I added Air Lift bags with the on board compressor. Had them on my last 4 trucks. While I don’t need them I do notice a nicer ride. Just returned last night from a 10 day trip pulling my 41’ Solitude from Iowa to the Carolina’s and back - there are a lot of awful roads and I know those bags helped absorb a ton of shock to the truck suspension improving the ride, as best they can anyway. Bottom line is I won’t be without them.
    2022 F450 Super Duty
    2020 Solitude 382WB
    Always Looking For New Adventures!
    Go Cyclones!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Tom View Post
    I have a 2022 F450 and I added Air Lift bags with the on board compressor. Had them on my last 4 trucks. While I don’t need them I do notice a nicer ride. Just returned last night from a 10 day trip pulling my 41’ Solitude from Iowa to the Carolina’s and back - there are a lot of awful roads and I know those bags helped absorb a ton of shock to the truck suspension improving the ride, as best they can anyway. Bottom line is I won’t be without them.
    Thank You for the note! I installed the Air Lift 7500XL bags Monday, and they are ready for my next pull (381M Momentum). What pressure did you run in your bags for your pull? I live in NC, and will be pulling to SC and then to FL. I-95 is garbage, similar to I-40 and I-20, so I am sure I will be able to write back to this thread with my view having put 20K miles in the last 14 months on I-95.

Thanks again
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My installer put mine in the fuel fill area so it is hidden and no hole in the bumper - love it in there instead of the bumper.
    2022 F450 Super Duty
    2020 Solitude 382WB
    Go Cyclones!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran at 25 psi. I will admit our last segment of the trip home yesterday I forgot to change it from the 5 psi we put it in while running around town. #20 across Iowa is mostly knew so the roads were great and didn’t even notice I hadn’t changed them. Rougher roads I would have and changed them to 25.

I’m kicking myself for not taking the time to hit a CAT scale on the trip, lord knows we stopped at enough places with them but we travel light, even on big trips.
    2022 F450 Super Duty
    2020 Solitude 382WB
    Go Cyclones!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123