Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    Hi,

First shakedown trip of the season. I did a complete winterization in Nov (before any freezing weather) and de-winterized last week.
    I installed an "L" connector to the main water port to prevent the normal wear and tear on the connector.

I did find it difficult to connect the water hose to the connection, and found the "L" connector loose, so I tried to tighten it, but it seems it is just spinning. I think this is where one of my problems exists.

When I use the "city" and maintain an incoming water pressure (using a water regulator set for 50 PSI) I noticed a drip on the outside just forward of the slid. Although it seems to be a "slow" leak, not a gushing leak. The underbelly was dry. On the inside, water is pooling. Refer to pic.

I of course shut the water off, and used the water in the fresh tank, which seems OK, no leaks.

Any thoughts ?

Does anybody have access to a water piping schematic ?
    I had the same leak on my Imagine. Took off the panel coving the water connections and tightened the incoming city water connection which was dripping. Now when I dewinterize I check these connections to make sure hey are all tight.
    Greg & Vicki
    US ARMY Retired
    2020 F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel 10 Speed 4x4
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2017 2600RB was recently leaking in the wet bay. Last time is was the city connection, this time it was the valve. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As per a prior recommendation, I replaced the side panel with plexiglass. I'm getting a lot better with PEX crimps in tight places.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2600 RB had 2 leaks behind the panel also. One was just the hand tighten fitting on the outside spigot inlet to the hot water, easy fix, the other a pex clamp. As said before , plexiglass to replace the side panel ! I've laid a couple of paper towels down on the floor beneath all of the stuff so you can get a quick look anytime
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 46250

FIXED ! ... but a lessoned learned.

The wet bay in the 22 MLE is oriented (North/South) in the garage. Removing the VERY small panel does NOT provide much room to do anything. I had to call in a mobile RV service tech (more about him later) as the dealership could not see me until mid-June.

The small access point did allow the service tech to see the issue - the city connection to the rig was just loose! According to the tech, these valves are prone to break if not winterized properly. Not to mention just the vibration from being on the road could have also caused this. So the problem was easily fixed, but getting to it was not easy. The service tech made it so I could access the back-side of the wet bay similar to the way I access the winter/dewinter valves under the sink. Instead of tacking and gluing the panel/molding back, he put in screws on the corners to secure the panel. The top molding was tacked down - easy to remove. Now I have an easy way to access the back of the wet bay. The mobile RV tech told me to check these and all other water connections inside the rig on regular basis. A good way to see (or hear) if there is a water leak issue, which may or may not be easy to spot, would be to run the internal water pump and listen if it cycles without you using any faucet.

I hope the monitors allow this, but too often people complain, and sometimes rightfully so, about mobile rv technicians. I did some research and found a fantastic mobile rv tech in the North Georgia area. Go here They are RVTAA Certified, Licensed, and Insured! Shane, the owner/tech was a pleasure to work with. VERY knowledgeable and helpful. I asked Shane to look at my roof and he gave me product information that he recommends that I do as a preventative measure. HIGHLY RECOMMEND !

Lastly, I am no longer renting a Tow Vehicle !!
    Picked up a 2020 RAM 2500 diesel, named "Fiona" I will update my signature shortly.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 46250

FIXED ! ... but a lessoned learned.

The wet bay in the 22 MLE is oriented (North/South) in the garage. Removing the VERY small panel does NOT provide much room to do anything. I had to call in a mobile RV service tech (more about him later) as the dealership could not see me until mid-June.

The small access point did allow the service tech to see the issue - the city connection to the rig was just loose! According to the tech, these valves are prone to break if not winterized properly. Not to mention just the vibration from being on the road could have also caused this. So the problem was easily fixed, but getting to it was not easy. The service tech made it so I could access the back-side of the wet bay similar to the way I access the winter/dewinter valves under the sink. Instead of tacking and gluing the panel/molding back, he put in screws on the corners to secure the panel. The top molding was tacked down - easy to remove. Now I have an easy way to access the back of the wet bay. The mobile RV tech told me to check these and all other water connections inside the rig on regular basis. A good way to see (or hear) if there is a water leak issue, which may or may not be easy to spot, would be to run the internal water pump and listen if it cycles without you using any faucet.

I hope the monitors allow this, but too often people complain, and sometimes rightfully so, about mobile rv technicians. I did some research and found a fantastic mobile rv tech in the North Georgia area. Go here They are RVTAA Certified, Licensed, and Insured! Shane, the owner/tech was a pleasure to work with. VERY knowledgeable and helpful. I asked Shane to look at my roof and he gave me product information that he recommends that I do as a preventative measure. HIGHLY RECOMMEND !

Lastly, I am no longer renting a Tow Vehicle !!
    Picked up a 2020 RAM 2500 diesel, named "Fiona" I will update my signature shortly.
    Here’s what I did to allow easy access to that panel area so I can check on those fittings on a regular basis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9360.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	46251
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9361.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	46252
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice !
    However, on the 22MLE, the side where you put your new opening, for me it is about 2 inches wide - useless.
    To get the same access, I have to go through the coach next to the bed.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice !
    However, on the 22MLE, the side where you put your new opening, for me it is about 2 inches wide - useless.
    To get the same access, I have to go through the coach next to the bed.
    Oh…got it.
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next trip to the storage location, I will take a deeper look.
    Pull the false wall in the pass through - about 6 screws - it will give you access to the back of the panel and your water pump. Sounds to me like a simple loose fitting. Snug everything up and check.

Other place to look is the water pump intake filter bowl - check for a cracked dome
    cover.

Good luck
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12