Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Generator??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator??

Hi! Brand new to RVing and need some advice on generators. We have a reflection 327RST. Wondering what type/size/ etc to get for generator? We want to be able to boondock for a week or two at a time and want to be able to run 2 computers and AC comfortably. Maybe one or two cooking appliances and a few lights. Would rather buy something with more power if possible though. I just have no idea where to start at all.
    Last edited by szorn824; 05-01-2023 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator??

It really depends on how much you want to spend

Brand names Honda,Yamaha etc can be more expensive than others
    Harbor freight has cheaper gens etc

A 2000 watt will just be enough to start the AC

You could easily spend a few thousand if you wanted to
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-250 Power Stroke

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @szorn824, this Pulsar (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDN9VKD) runs the AC on our Reflection well after I installed SoftStart. You wouldn't be able to run everything you list at once, but it certainly would handle everything there on its own.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szorn824 View Post
    Hi! Brand new to RVing and need some advice on generators. We have a reflection 327RST. Wondering what type/size/ etc to get for generator? We want to be able to boondock for a week or two at a time and want to be able to run 2 computers and AC comfortably. Maybe one or two cooking appliances and a few lights. Would rather buy something with more power if possible though. I just have no idea where to start at all.
    Does your camper have (2) AC units that you would like to run concurrently? I have this Yamaha model and couldn't be more pleased. I've had it for six years and love it. It's super quiet and efficient. Runs both my AC units, while running the microwave, lights, and anything else you might throw at it. Yamaha and Hondas are a bit more than some of the other models but there's a reason. I added in the remote control and can start it remotely from inside the camper.

Check this one out: https://www.amazon.com/EF6300iSDE-Ru...8-de351f41cffb
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    It really depends on how much you want to spend

Brand names Honda,Yamaha etc can be more expensive than others
    Harbor freight has cheaper gens etc

A 2000 watt will just be enough to start the AC

You could easily spend a few thousand if you wanted to
    Our Predator 3500 was stolen over the weekend and were just at Harbor Freight and their Predator's no longer have 30/50AMP connections! Grrrr

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a pair of Honda 2200i generators we use. Parallel both of them if we want to run the ac. Otherwise we just use one of them when the ac isn't needed. We do not have a soft start on the ac. Even if one of them would run it (and I doubt that 1 alone would handle the startup current needed), there wouldn't be much left to run much of anything else. I went with the pair because they're easily stored in the garage and easier to move in and out than a larger unit. Extremely quiet, as well. These are the companion units that have a 30 A outlet on them.
    2021 Imagine 22mle