User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 reflection 295rl purchase

hi folks ,new to this forum but not new to rving , never knew it would be this difficult to buy an rv we have been looking for over a year and found a model we really liked . the model is a grand design reflection 295rl . we looked at new and they were just to expensive so we started looking at used . we went to camping world and told them what we were looking for . they located one in ohio and they were willing to have it brought to there new york store . i would have to put down a 500 dollar deposit in order for them to do this which was 100 percent refundable if it wasn,t to our liking . it took 4 weeks for this 2021 reflection to get here . on a tuesday it finally arrived and that following weekend we went and looked it over . pointed out some issued to our sells person that we were not happy with and would like corrected . one was the camp side slide . when he open it , seem to fight the slide motor all the way and made some bad noises , and shook . when it was all the way out it broke the trim off the slide on the inside and you could tell it wasn,t straight . he said that it was no big deal and it would be fix along with the other things we found . we were set for delivery the following saturday at 3 pm . we arrived a little after 2 pm and ask if we could start the pdi on the rv . after sitting around for over 30 minutes we were able to start our walk threw . now camping world says on there web-site that they have a 120 point check they do on ever rv sold and they completely clean and disinfect every rv as well . and give you a new mattress . well nothing was fixed that we pointed out last weekend . rv was not cleaned or was there a new mattress in it . the only thing they did was order a new fireplace . camp side slide wasn,t fixed , part of shower surround was still coming off wall , frame underneath had lots of surface rust for a two year old rv , water heater leaking at drain plug , outside hose leaking , auto level would not work , lots of fading on wheel skirts and around entrance door . ect . after looking over the slide out , on one side you could put half your hand threw between rv and slide .on the other side not even a finger . so after telling them about all this they said it would all be fixed but i would have to sign the paperwork today or the deal would be off . the reason he could give the deal that he did was because it was the end of the month . he had to have it sold befor may first . i didn,t feel comfortable with this and decided to leave . on every rv i had ever bought the pdi issues were all fixed befor i took it home . i have know idea what camping world is thinking , i guess this is how they do business . not with me they won,t

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timone055 View Post
    hi folks ,new to this forum but not new to rving , never knew it would be this difficult to buy an rv we have been looking for over a year and found a model we really liked . the model is a grand design reflection 295rl . we looked at new and they were just to expensive so we started looking at used . we went to camping world and told them what we were looking for . they located one in ohio and they were willing to have it brought to there new york store . i would have to put down a 500 dollar deposit in order for them to do this which was 100 percent refundable if it wasn,t to our liking . it took 4 weeks for this 2021 reflection to get here . on a tuesday it finally arrived and that following weekend we went and looked it over . pointed out some issued to our sells person that we were not happy with and would like corrected . one was the camp side slide . when he open it , seem to fight the slide motor all the way and made some bad noises , and shook . when it was all the way out it broke the trim off the slide on the inside and you could tell it wasn,t straight . he said that it was no big deal and it would be fix along with the other things we found . we were set for delivery the following saturday at 3 pm . we arrived a little after 2 pm and ask if we could start the pdi on the rv . after sitting around for over 30 minutes we were able to start our walk threw . now camping world says on there web-site that they have a 120 point check they do on ever rv sold and they completely clean and disinfect every rv as well . and give you a new mattress . well nothing was fixed that we pointed out last weekend . rv was not cleaned or was there a new mattress in it . the only thing they did was order a new fireplace . camp side slide wasn,t fixed , part of shower surround was still coming off wall , frame underneath had lots of surface rust for a two year old rv , water heater leaking at drain plug , outside hose leaking , auto level would not work , lots of fading on wheel skirts and around entrance door . ect . after looking over the slide out , on one side you could put half your hand threw between rv and slide .on the other side not even a finger . so after telling them about all this they said it would all be fixed but i would have to sign the paperwork today or the deal would be off . the reason he could give the deal that he did was because it was the end of the month . he had to have it sold befor may first . i didn,t feel comfortable with this and decided to leave . on every rv i had ever bought the pdi issues were all fixed befor i took it home . i have know idea what camping world is thinking , i guess this is how they do business . not with me they won,t
    You need to be aware that Grand Design does NOT work with Camping World. That is, if you need work done, GD will not pay for any work done by Camping World service.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, stay away from Camping World, and don't ever sign for the RV before having things fixed as promised, once you sign, you're at the back of the service line. Welcome to the forum. You might still consider new, you can easily negotiate 30% off MSRP. If stuck on used, look around and for either case, be willing to drive for a good deal.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timone055 View Post
    hi folks ,new to this forum but not new to rving , never knew it would be this difficult to buy an rv we have been looking for over a year and found a model we really liked ......... the model is this and decided to leave . on every rv i had ever bought the pdi issues were all fixed befor i took it home . i have know idea what camping world is thinking , i guess this is how they do business . not with me they won,t

Welcome to the forum and good on you for walking away from this deal. As you can see in my signature, we have the exact same trailer and love it. A few little problems but nothing like you described on the one you looked at. Camping World has a horrible reputation! As a matter of fact, Grand Design will not authorize any warranty claims through them. Check out on CW's own forum (RV.Net Open Roads) and read some of the horror stories from their customers. Got to give them credit though for posting customers complaints!
    Anyhow, you made the right choice and hopefully you will find another 295RL in better shape and from a more reputable dealer or private party. You came to the right place here on this forum for advice and help with any repairs or modifications you may have.

Edited to say it looks like CW has closed or taken down all posts referring to Road Side Assistance, Good Sam Insurance, RV Sales, Extended Service Plan, and CW Service and Installation! Hummmm????
    Last edited by Mr. Goodwrench; 05-01-2023 at 05:20 PM.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL