User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I just moved this for you, no problem
    Some how my response did not get transferred here?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Some how my response did not get transferred here?
    I moved this thread at 7:39 this evening. When I moved it, there were only three posts before I moved it, then I posted that I moved it.....being post number 4. Your response must have been after I had already moved the thread....no idea where it went.

UPDATED.....Found your post and moved it here. I'm closing the other thread.
    Last edited by xrated; 05-01-2023 at 08:17 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Before you dig too deep in it, look on your truck receiver, should have a weight rating for with and without a distribution hitch. If you are already exceeding the non-weight distribution rating, seems like you would already have your answer.
    Checked, and there is nothing around my hitch, nothing. Is there another way to get this info? Thanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    My 2022 Ford F350 has a hitch weight rating of 2100# non-distributed. I would guess yours should be similar. Based on specs I can tow my trailer without WDH but after testing with and without, I choose to use it. I already had it from the previous trailer and F150, it's pretty simple to use, and even at the weight of my trailer it is still a noticeable difference. It wasn't bad by any means without it, but it is noticeably better with it. That said, it's not so much about the distribution as it is about the anti-sway. You could set yours up fairly light perhaps if that's a concern but try it with and without to see how each feels. Back to your specific question though, you are correct in that the numbers dictate how much you can distribute without going over the GAWR. You'll have to weigh and adjust accordingly.
    Thanks for this insight from your experience, very helpful.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Just for some real world information on the same truck and tongue weight. I towed a 2018 Reflection 297RSTS with my 2019 RAM 3500 and used the weight distribution hitch to return the before hitching weight to the front axle. Sure the truck would have handled the weight without but it would have unloaded the front axle causing the truck to handle differently with lighter steering. I set up the WDH to return my front axle to the pre-hitched fender height and weight for best handling. My WDH also had built in sway control which helps with the towing control as well. I wouldn't tow such a large trailer without the WDH and sway control.

Rob
    This is the part of my logic that was missing - that when I hitched up there would be a loss of weight on the front axel. Kind of obvious - but honestly, I missed it. I have come to the same logic you are sharing here. Thanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So great to be able to learn from this group, thanks all, a quick and valuable learning session. Best.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmacs View Post
    Checked, and there is nothing around my hitch, nothing. Is there another way to get this info? Thanks.
    Usually it's stamped on it somewhere. Some manufacturers will put a similar sticker on the driver door jam.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree that you may not need it, I’ll bet if you try it, you’ll like it. Most of the time towing a trailer will make the rear of the truck bounce a bit, the WDH will smooth out the ride. Having the anti sway that most hitches include is never a bad idea either.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Usually it's stamped on it somewhere. Some manufacturers will put a similar sticker on the driver door jam.
    Mine has a sticker on the back underside.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmacs View Post
    Here's an example from mine. It was factory installed. If your tag is missing perhaps you can determine the brand and find the info online. You cannot just go by the class because there isn't a standard capacity rating across manufacturers related to class designation as I understand it. So you need to verify your specific hitch if you can. If it's factory installed I would think it would be easier; it might even reference it in the manual?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0388.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	46138
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast