Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try weighing your current setup on a truck scale and then adjust your link and weigh again, to measure how much weight you transfer to the front axle. Blue Ox customer service advised that I can go as high as the eleventh link.

My truck also dropped over 2 inches in the rear when hitched. After I replaced the factory bump stops with Sumo compression stops, it only drops 1/2 inch.
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When towing our 315RLTS using a Blue Ox 20K with 2K bars, I counted from the bar and used the 8th link. But , now I use the 7th link from the bar and experience a lot less sway and quicker recovery when experiencing porposing after going over a dip in the road. I also use a 2ft breaker bar and socket when connecting the chains which helps tremendously.
    Les & Nel
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS w/Dual Pane Windows; 2nd AC
    -- 7K Axles; 3500 lb Springs; MORRyde SRE-4000; Roadmaster Comfort Ride Shocks
    -- 400 Ah BB Lithium; 1590 watts solar; MultiPlus-II Inverter; Renogy 40A DC DC Charger

2016 RAM 2500 CC SB 4x4 Diesel
    -- Blue Ox SwayPro 20k/2k hitch; Timbren Rear Bump Stops

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When in doubt, RTFM.
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-250 Power Stroke

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheToolMan View Post
    My experience with Blue Ox Tech support was good in a number of ways but they recommended a lighter load bar, which I purchased with the hitch and said that a higher load bar would be make the ride too stiff. I ended up going from a 1000 pound to 1500 pound (lighter camper than yours) and the ride and steering control was much better. With the 1000 pound bar the load was not returned to the front even with maximum setting.

You may find that going to a CAT scale to make the adjustment will produce the best results. I could not readily get the right adjustments by using Ford recommended front wheel well change but using the CAT scale data was easy to get very good results.
    I purchased by Blue Ox Sway Pro over three years ago and just looked at the current online sizing graph, which did not exist then. If I had that graph when purchasing the BO it would have properly determined the correct sizing.

I could not find a manual on Blue Ox web site and a general manual finder website brought up a manual older than my three year old version.

I found the manual useful but lacking in both loading the bars and reasonable safety precautions. When removing the bars I wiggle the bar at the chain connection to ensure that most of the load is removed before unloading to keep the wrench from potentially causing injury. This keeps me from needing a longer wrench (which I have) to safely remove the load. (the above mentioned straps very likely are safer/easier).
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 05-16-2023 at 08:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12