User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiplus II install 303RLS

I am going to install a Multiplus II in our 303RLS. I would like to know if anyone has installed one in the basement rather than the front compartment?
    I'm thinking with a little rearranging the Multiplus could be mounted vertically under the stairs and the batteries could be installed where the converter currently resides.
    I have seached in vain on this form for a photo that I'm sure I have seen, but no such luck.
    Would appreciate any insite to this idea.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed mine in the front bay because it's what others did... But if I were to do it over again I would absolutely consider installing in the basement. It would take some serious rearranging and a bit more customization, but it would be a way better setup than the front for sure, and having that front bay for extra storage would be great. Maybe that's something I could reconfigure next winter.

The only concern I would have is that there is a lot of plumbing run in that area and even a tiny leak could be catastrophic for the electrical system of its in the basement.

As you said most people don't install there so if you do, please post pictures!
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the Multiplus II which is quite a bit taller but did install the Multiplus in the basement and my batteries in the empty spaces behind the basement wall. 3 Lithium batteries in that space with room for 1 more if I decide to add it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210322_161258.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	46137
    Gary & Carrie
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4, Crew Cab, Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc25000 View Post
    I don't have the Multiplus II which is quite a bit taller but did install the Multiplus in the basement and my batteries in the empty spaces behind the basement wall. 3 Lithium batteries in that space with room for 1 more if I decide to add it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210322_161258.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	46137
    Thanks Gary. That is the idea I'm after. The photo is really helpful.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax