User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Wineaux View Post
    I too have the factory installed solar and also added the Solar+ package on my 2023 345GK. I just picked it up from the dealer this week (I'm also very new to the forum) and had issues with the solar converter. I have a different controller...the solar mate version from future solutions. SNIP
    I do have one issue though...I can't get the Solar app to connect to the bluetooth module. Does anyone know where the bluetooth module is installed? I can't find although I haven't been up on the roof to look!!!!
    Not heard of the Solar Mate version - can't see any reference to it on FSI's website. If it looks like below, Bluetooth module is circled in green and FSI controller is circled in blue. On our 2022. There are two solar apps - the latest is FSI and works well. Should see a non-descript Bluetooth device labeled something like BT-TH-30A....... (I'm assuming the 30A refers to the 30Amp charge controller I have). Range is not very good - have to be about 15' from the BT module for us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solar controller and bluetooth.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	46420
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-20-2023 at 12:03 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick post! Looks to me like the bluetooth module is missing from my install. I what two wires capped off with SOLAR+ and SOLAR- labels on them. I bet those are the two that should connect to the non-existent bluetooth module!!!!!

I agree about the solar mate version...no info anywhere but the tech support guy at FSI knew what it was. I do have a manual that came with the package from GD but that was early worthless

Name:	Solar front compartment.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	46421

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick post! Looks to me like the bluetooth module is missing from my install. I what two wires capped off with SOLAR+ and SOLAR- labels on them. I bet those are the two that should connect to the non-existent bluetooth module!!!!!

I agree about the solar mate version...no info anywhere but the tech support guy at FSI knew what it was. I do have a manual that came with the package from GD but that was early worthless

Wonder if it's a re-labled TBB Power Mobile Solar Mate? They do look similar. If you look at the data sheet download at the link below, it shows Bluetooth only available with one version - LED and LCD rather than just LED. Interesting. Could also have the BT module embedded. Seems odd to have those two wires capped off. Looks like its a 4 wire set? Do you know where the other two go?

https://www.tbbpowermobile.com/produ...-controller-sf

Looks like this is the Solar Mate model that support Bluetooth. The one above is RS485/CAN.

https://www.tbbpowermobile.com/getFi...035924A037.pdf
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-20-2023 at 01:08 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @2Amy4805 -

I see you're new to the forum - and welcome! Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    I apologize. Yes Nebie, Thank you for the advice.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LTZ
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 280 RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Wonder if it's a re-labled TBB Power Mobile Solar Mate? They do look similar. If you look at the data sheet download at the link below, it shows Bluetooth only available with one version - LED and LCD rather than just LED. Interesting. Could also have the BT module embedded. Seems odd to have those two wires capped off. Looks like its a 4 wire set? Do you know where the other two go?

https://www.tbbpowermobile.com/produ...-controller-sf

Looks like this is the Solar Mate model that support Bluetooth. The one above is RS485/CAN.

https://www.tbbpowermobile.com/getFi...035924A037.pdf
    I think you found exactly what I have...thanks so much. It is the tbbpowermobile SF-100-50 controller without BT (as the data sheet states the SP version w/LCD & LED supports BT and has the BT symbol on it). The SF version only supports an RS-485 or CAN bus of which I have neither. I'm assuming the SF version supports a CAN or RS-485 BT module connect to it. I'll dig a bit on the tbbpowermobile website to see what I can find. Thanks again!

I have yet to figure out where the SOLAR +/- wires are connected to. That's on the list though as I work through the issues I've had sine I picked up the unit...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same Module with no technical info

I have the exact same module, and like everyone else, could not find it at the FSI website, nor any technical info from my package of other useless technical specs provided with my GD 310gk. I concluded that this is a stripped down, bare essentials module.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Solar Controller.jpg  
    2023 Solitude 310GK
    2016 Ford F250 SuperDuty w/Air Suspension Add-on
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Retired Electrical Engineer

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CERRSC View Post
    I have the exact same module, and like everyone else, could not find it at the FSI website, nor any technical info from my package of other useless technical specs provided with my GD 310gk. I concluded that this is a stripped down, bare essentials module.
    I finally did get some more info from FSI...the controller is designed and manufactured by TBB power (as one gentleman found on a previous reply to this post) and has a built in bluetooth capability (although the data sheet for the module indicates it does not). You need to download the "Solar Mate" app from TBB Power to connect to it over bluetooth with your phone. If you have LiOnFe batteries all you need to do is set the rotary knob on the front of the controller to position 2 and it will charge them appropriately. While I too am not raving about the controller and its feature set it does work OK and charges my batteries just fine.
    2023 GD 345GK w/factory installed DPW, Solar+ and Cummins Onan
    2017 Ford F350 Powerstoke DRW
    Traded 2020 Lance 1062 Camper

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the data sheet I was able to find....it's no longer available at TBBs website.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF100-50 Solar Mate.pdf 
Views:	7 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	47327

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but still having problems connecting

I finally did get some more info from FSI...the controller is designed and manufactured by TBB power (as one gentleman found on a previous reply to this post) and has a built in bluetooth capability (although the data sheet for the module indicates it does not). You need to download the "Solar Mate" app from TBB Power to connect to it over Bluetooth with your phone. If you have LiOnFe batteries all you need to do is set the rotary knob on the front of the controller to position 2 and it will charge them appropriately. While I too am not raving about the controller and its feature set it does work OK and charges my batteries just fine.
    Thanks @Wineaux, I found the app (Actually there are two apps, Solar Mate & Solar Mate II). I downloaded both. In each case (although I did allow the app to connect to bluetooth), neither app could find the device at the start up. I tried resetting my phone, and manually connecting to a "NODE 2I" Bluetooth device but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    2023 Solitude 310GK
    2016 Ford F250 SuperDuty w/Air Suspension Add-on
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Retired Electrical Engineer

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CERRSC View Post
    Thanks @Wineaux, I found the app (Actually there are two apps, Solar Mate & Solar Mate II). I downloaded both. In each case (although I did allow the app to connect to bluetooth), neither app could find the device at the start up. I tried resetting my phone, and manually connecting to a "NODE 2I" Bluetooth device but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    Hmmmm..not sure what the problem is. I would try to disconnect the solar controller (remove the green terminal block or disconnect the BATT - and SOLAR - wires) and then reconnect. I did have to reset my controller once by removing all power after it was faulting so that may be the problem.

I only loaded the solar mate app and it paired and connected. It does't provide much info other than voltage and current from the panels so if you can't get it to connect it's not the end of the world. As an aside...I bought and installed a Vectron smart shunt that will indicate battery charge level, charge/discharge current, estimated remaining battery life, etc. It pretty much renders any issues with the MPPT moot. $135 at Amazon and easy to install...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast