User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Factory Installed Solar

The factory put on one large panel, 30 watt Jarboni and 2000 watt Inverter. This may not be totally correct, I am a newbie to solar. I am still trying to figure it out. Have not done very much boondocking, mostly RV campsites, so have been on shore power most of the time. I do not have a monitor with the Jarboni, so not sure if it is charging, etc. I have a button in the basement storage compartment that has a cord going to the Inverter. The manual states that you can push this button and it will beep and let you know its on, but I do not hear a beep. There is not any light on the button to show that it is on or off. The Jarboni is showing two green lights that appear to be for the two batteries and there is another light that is flashing red and above the light appears to be a solar panel image. Not sure why this light is flashing red, but it makes me think that there is something wrong or that the system is not working. Anyone have any insights or revelations that can help me?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the inverter - In my front pass-through the factory installed two shut-offs and a small rocker switch. The closest shut-off handles the RV, and the one further inside is the shut-off for the inverter. If both of those are switched to "on", then you should be able to hold the rocker switch on for about 2sec and you hear a beep and a green light on the rocker turns on when the inverter activates.. Push rocker switch again to turn inverter off (and green light goes off). I generally keep my shut-off for the invert in the off position unless I intend to use.

Jaboni Solar Controller - there should be a bluetooth app to configure and monitor the Jobini. The original app that was paired with the Jaboni units stopped working (last spring I think it was), but heard they came out with a new one a month or two after. I ended up replacing my Jaboni for a Victron when the app stopped working. Search online for the manual. If I remember correctly - the first light was for charge status, the second battery status and the third was battery type.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbjanesteinke View Post
    The Jarboni is showing two green lights that appear to be for the two batteries and there is another light that is flashing red and above the light appears to be a solar panel image. Not sure why this light is flashing red, but it makes me think that there is something wrong or that the system is not working. Anyone have any insights or revelations that can help me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REV2_JPPControllerManual_min.pdf 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	46158

Manual attached so you can see what the LEDs mean - not sure it's available on the FSI website any longer. Jaboni was absorbed (or bought out - not sure) by Future Solutions Inc. The new solar app you want is called FutureLink and it works well compared to the old one. If you have the new FSI version of the MPPT, you can download that manual here under specifications. https://fsi-sales.com/products/mc-se...amp-controller
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-05-2023 at 09:04 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother Bluto - thanks for the info! I finally found the power switch to the inverter above the generator. Once I turned that on, then the rocker switch in the storage compartment started to work and beep. The one light on the Jaboni is still flashing red, so I am still unsure if it is working correctly or not. I will check out the manual with Jaboni and see if I can figure it out or I might like you change it out to the Victron. Do you still have the wet cell battery's or did you change to lithium? I would like to add one or two more panels and convert the battery's.
    Robb and Jane
    2022 Momentum 351MS
    2016 GMC 3500 HD Denali CC/LB/DRW
    Sold 2018 Rockwood Minilite 2104S
    Traded 2015 Forest River RPod 171
    Traded 2007 Keystone Montana 2955RL
    Traded 1986 Kit Road Ranger 24ft

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbjanesteinke View Post
    Do you still have the wet cell battery's or did you change to lithium? I would like to add one or two more panels and convert the battery's.
    I swapped the LA battery with (3) BattleBorn LiFePo4 batteries out of the gate, and also swapped the Converter for a Lithium specific unit (Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV). I have plans to add more panels and put in a MultiPlus-II eventually... but keep putting it off.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    I swapped the LA battery with (3) BattleBorn LiFePo4 batteries out of the gate, and also swapped the Converter for a Lithium specific unit (Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV). I have plans to add more panels and put in a MultiPlus-II eventually... but keep putting it off.
    I’m looking for some insight. With three BB’s, each with a charging current capability of 50 amps, why did you choose a PD9160? I’m planning to get two 100 ah BB’s and am thinking I’d get a PD9180 so I can run a generator for less time when charging up the batteries.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robb and Jane,

Your state map is identical to ours.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    I'm thinking about adding a third battery. We were a bit short one day last season with the fridge and furnace running and having to level at two different sites in one night after a cloudy day of travel.

Also, I highly recommend the charge pendant for the 9160ALV which is what I have also. We ran into a situation where the solar charger might have put out .05Amp too much and it fooled the 9160 into staying in absorption charge mode for days. Had to disconnect and run the batteries down to get bulk mode back. With the pendant, just press a button. $14 on Amazon.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    I’m looking for some insight. With three BB’s, each with a charging current capability of 50 amps, why did you choose a PD9160? I’m planning to get two 100 ah BB’s and am thinking I’d get a PD9180 so I can run a generator for less time when charging up the batteries.
    One consideration might be cable size. The stock cable may only support 60 Amps, if you push it to 80 Amps you might need new cabling. But yes, higher capacity generally means less charging time.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you guys reside when not traveling?
    Robb and Jane
    2022 Momentum 351MS
    2016 GMC 3500 HD Denali CC/LB/DRW
    Sold 2018 Rockwood Minilite 2104S
    Traded 2015 Forest River RPod 171
    Traded 2007 Keystone Montana 2955RL
    Traded 1986 Kit Road Ranger 24ft

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast