User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

replace interior lights with ones with an on/off switch

I would like to replace all of the interior leds with ones that have an on/off switch. I can't imagine (pardon the pun) that this would be a problem.
    When I turn on the lights I don't necessarily need or want ALL of them on at the same time.....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could get a dimmer switch. That's what Myself and several people on the forum have done. Pretty simple install.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't list what trailer you're wanting to do this on, an Imagine I imagine , but it can be quite an involved process if you have the control screen with most of the lights controlled by the screen. A poster has done it and he wrote it all up very nicely. I'll try to find it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on which lights you have. Photos would be helpful.

In the meantime, here is an option.....

https://www.amazon.com/acegoo-Motorh...718591715&th=1
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a pack of these switches:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LLHDYJ4...t_details&th=1

I used the white ones and soldered them in series with the led wiring in the existing lights. Drilled a hole in the center of the lenses for the button, and superglued them to the inside of the lens. They end up looking like the ones that were linked to in the post above mine. Cheaper than buying new lights but a bit more involved. Not my idea...stole it from someone else on one of these light / dimmer discussions on facebook.
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I've found some that have an on/off switch and a dimmer switch on each light, plus a blue night light option.....I can chose which lights to have on and dim them as well, as needed. I just want the flexibility, to be able to select what's on, what off.....this is on a xls 22MLE. and there are 10 ceiling lights. Not counting the 3 or 4 that already have an on/off switch. Don't need them all on all the time, even if they're dimmed. Thanks for the input!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some photos of the new lights, each with an on/off switch and dimmer........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2742.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	46258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2745.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	46259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2743.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	46260

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Or you could get a dimmer switch. That's what Myself and several people on the forum have done. Pretty simple install.
    Would the dimmer switch be installed next to the control panel and wired into that button/switch...meaning so that it controls the brightness of all the lights at once? And you must have to figure out how many watts total the lights are and get a dimmer that matches it?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the dimmer wouldn’t give me what I want for nighttime lighting. We have a 22mle and when I get up early in the morning, I can turn on the light near the sink to make coffee without turning on all the overhead lights.

I used the 4.5” lights to replace the 3.5” oem lights. The extra diameter makes it easier to cover the factory holes in the ceiling.
    Don

2021 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Would the dimmer switch be installed next to the control panel and wired into that button/switch...meaning so that it controls the brightness of all the lights at once? And you must have to figure out how many watts total the lights are and get a dimmer that matches it?
    The one I put in would replace the switch in the panel itself https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Watch this Video on the install https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygiMzZRxuk&t=193s, then order the adapter from John, as quoted here from the video. "The 3-D printed adapter plate is available from me ($5 each plus shipping), you can email me at [email protected] for payment methods and shipping options." Simple and works great.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast