User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto Leveling

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what system you have, but Youtube can be a great resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeN9JIM6x5g
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To fix your issue simply manual level the RV using a level inside on the floor.. Get a good front to back level and then a good side to side level..

Once satisfied with the overall level setting then do a Zero point calibration to store the new leveling parameters...

In 10 years of using my current fifth wheel with six point hydraulic leveling system the auto level has NEVER lifted the tires off the ground at any location we have stayed at.. including boon docking in the woods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing that you may want to try. After unhitching, but before hitting "Auto Level", manually lower the front of the rig so that the front jacks are only extended 4"-6" and the rig is definitely sloping from back-to-front. Then hit Auto Level. I've found that this allows the trailer to be leveled, but keeps the jack extension to a minimum.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    To fix your issue simply manual level the RV using a level inside on the floor.. Get a good front to back level and then a good side to side level..

Once satisfied with the overall level setting then do a Zero point calibration to store the new leveling parameters...

In 10 years of using my current fifth wheel with six point hydraulic leveling system the auto level has NEVER lifted the tires off the ground at any location we have stayed at.. including boon docking in the woods
    Seriously? You've never had the auto level lift a tire? I take it you level the trailer with blocks first. Ours has done it a couple times, but I don't use any blocks to level first. It actually feels a little more solid if one side is off the ground.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post, I'll do some research into what Zero point calibration is...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the video, that system differs from what is on our 5er, crazy how he had to hit a button 5 times...a good start to figure things out on ours...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.. not one time in ten years of use and I do not level the RV with blocks under the tires , etc.. I do use wood blocks I made to place under the foot pads.. this shortens the length of extension of the hydraulic pistons and makes for a much more stable RV

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    That's just a matter of the location you pick. If the site was un-level enough......some wheels would be off the ground or your auto-level doesn't work.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    That's just a matter of the location you pick. If the site was un-level enough......some wheels would be off the ground or your auto-level doesn't work.
    X2 As confirmed boondocker, getting a level site isn't always possible.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lifted two wheels off at a KOA in Dayton, OH and they were already on Anderson chocks. Switched sites mainly because that was the door side and when the ladder feet were extended, that was one giant step for mankind and I knew I'd wind up in a clinic.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast