Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auto Leveling

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    Nope.. not one time in ten years of use and I do not level the RV with blocks under the tires , etc.. I do use wood blocks I made to place under the foot pads.. this shortens the length of extension of the hydraulic pistons and makes for a much more stable RV
    I do hate to sound skeptical, but you must spend a lot of time searching out the perfect spot. Or it's a very short trailer.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwr100 View Post
    Fifth wheel 260RD auto leveling, raised the unit up off the ground...went to manual mode. I did some googling and really didn't see any great recommendations. If someone has a video for a fifth wheel newbie and can send it along, or general advisement, that would be great...
    - Craig
    Youtube can be your friend. Try this link to reset zero point calibration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgfORawfgNk

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, the info provided has been very helpful. It helped me to locate the following

YouTube video directly related to the leveling system on my 5er: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7NcHkp7-Z4

Also as I went thru the 'black bag' came across the Lippert owners manual, upon visiting their website located the online manual
    https://support.lci1.com/master-owne...-stabilization
    From there can drill down to a variety of topics, including the one that will likely benefit me most on Zero Point Calibration. The information on page 14 is pretty much what the above video shows

thanks again...much appreciated
    - Craig

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck, My rig more often than not has one side off the ground when I auto level. I don't see it as a real issue. The Servos lock (my system is not the hyd) in position and stay there unless a button is pushed. I have never had All of my wheels off the ground. At least not during auto leveling. You for sure want to get that checked out.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwr100 View Post
    Fifth wheel 260RD auto leveling, raised the unit up off the ground...went to manual mode. I did some googling and really didn't see any great recommendations. If someone has a video for a fifth wheel newbie and can send it along, or general advisement, that would be great...
    - Craig
    Every Utube that I looked at when I got my 2020 260RD in 2019, one needs to ensure a good level from left to right. Once fairly level from left to right, raise the front at least 12-13 inches so the unit has room to drop since the front will drop first.

I have yet to use auto-level. I level left to right and then front to back (based on level bubbles) on the front and side. The result is I have never had an auto level error and can do that almost as fast as auto level.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull in, put the Andesen buckets under the front legs, chock the wheels, raise the trailer off the hitch, put some stacks of Camco blocks under the other 4 legs. Then I hit Auto-Level and go about my business. Can't get much quicker than that Since I've been raising the front of the trailer higher before AutoLevel, I've had no issues whatsoever. Wheels on one side or the other have come off the ground a couple times when the site was pretty unlevel, but that's no biggie. I just don't understand the reluctance of people to use the AutoLevel. I love it now that I've got it figured out.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpo1958 View Post
    Another thing that you may want to try. After unhitching, but before hitting "Auto Level", manually lower the front of the rig so that the front jacks are only extended 4"-6" and the rig is definitely sloping from back-to-front. Then hit Auto Level. I've found that this allows the trailer to be leveled, but keeps the jack extension to a minimum.
    I think my method is probably the same. Before unhitching, don’t drop the landing gear pads to the ground. If you do, then the auto leveller will not be able to go any lower and may have no choice but to raise the back to get the rig level. Instead, I drop the front pads until they are about 6” off the ground and then ground them using manual power to lift the front and unhitch. Once unhitched, I press auto level and let it do its thing. Haven’t had any wheel lifts using this method. Assuming a relatively level site, of course.
    Tom & Janice
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2020 Ford F350 Super Duty CC SRW SB Lariat 6.7L PowerStroke

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my Lippert instruction. I've had the same issue a few times over the years of the "Brain" getting confused. Once it was just on one side and scared the ___t out of me. Had to power off. WHEW!!
    Hope this helps.
    Zero Point Calibration
    The “Zero Point” is the programmed point in which the 5th Wheel will return to whenever the auto level feature is used. The Zero Point is preset at the factory and should never have to be reset. However, if
    necessary, Zero Point can be reset.
    Note: The Zero Point must be programmed prior to using the auto-level feature to ensure the proper
    operation of the system. Prior to starting the Zero Point Calibration procedure, check all connections
    on the controller, valve coils, landing gear, leveling jacks and touchpad.
    1. Manually run all leveling jacks and landing gear to level the 5th Wheel.
    A. Manual leveling is best achieved by placing a level in the center of the 5th Wheel and leveling it
    both front-to-back, then side-to-side.
    B. See Basic Landing Gear Operation section for instructions on how to manually operate the system.
    2. After the 5th Wheel has been leveled, turn off the touchpad.
    3. With the touchpad off, press and release the FRONT Button (Fig. 1G) ten times, then press and release
    the REAR Button (Fig. 1J) ten times.
    4. The touchpad will flash and beep, then the LCD screen will read "ZERO POINT CALIBRATION ENTER to
    set, Power to Exit”
    5. To set the current position as the zero point, press the ENTER button
    A. The LCD screen will read “Zero Point stability check”.
    B. LCD screen will read “ZERO POINT set successfully” after the process has been completed.
    C. The system will set this point as its level state and the touchpad will turn off

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These posts make me think I must be doing something wrong or I just have a rig that works correctly. When unhitching I hit the ground front button and let the front legs drop and balance and then I unhook, after chocking the wheels. Hit auto level and watch it do it's thing. Run the slides out and done. I can then use rehitch to get to the right height again to hook up. When I first got the rig it raised the wheels off the ground a couple of times. When that happened, I would then use the manual controls to drop the front legs for a count of 5 and then the rear legs for a count of 5 and then hit auto-level again. It would just slightly raise the rig but it would be at a much lower height than the original auto-level. After doing that a couple of times it no longer raised the rig as high when using auto-level.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123