User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear of Solitude 2023 Solitude GK-R Mounting a GM Camera

Has anyone any knowledge of what structure is behind the rear exterior fiberglass wall on the RV. I called CS and they told me the only structure was at the ends of the rear window going vertically. However when I use a basic stud finder I do see the framing at the window corners but I also get a reading at the center below of the window - seems there might be a vertical beam or support of some type there? Want to mount a GM rear wired camera below the rear window as recommend by GM and just wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with this. Thank you

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foam core with aluminum studs - I don't know the spacing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Second Chance mentioned.

Have no experience with that particular area but have drilled/mounted into the outer walls before.

You should be fine mounting a light weight camera in that area with upto 1" long screws. May have to pre-drill a couple of smaller diameter SHALLOW pilot holes, using your camera mount for hole location, if mounting on or near one of those structural braces.

FYI, we opted to mount our wired aftermarket camera under our bottom ladder step - not exactly centered, but works great with our F250 SYNC 4 Nav aux/trailer camera 4 pin OEM connection.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The back window in my rig is framed with aluminum all around (I checked myself).

I was going to put in a third brake light and found out I need to replan the location I want to put it because of the framing.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at your rig early in the morning. Sometimes the dew won’t collect where the frame members are. Kinda hard to describe- the structure will present itself quite easily.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone