User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigs85 View Post
    I have the same fridge and with the 165w factory solar and 25 amp mppt charge controller. I put in a 200ah renogy LiPo which has a great bluetooth app to monitor state of charge etc. I have yet to shut off my fridge where it sits and have drinks in it so its not just an empty fridge and this is a more accurate test. couple findings within the 3 weeks I have done this.

-from dusk to dawn the fridge has consistently used 20ah over that time period(9 hours). Probably average 14C 58F as an over night low here currently
    -Just through my longest stretch(5days in a row) so far of overcast/rainy days. State of charge got down to 48.1% by the dawn of the first sunny day. So I burned through 104 ah of battery bank over those 5 days of next to no sun.

So from your original question assuming your solar and charge controller are same as mine and with your 100ah battleborn I would say your good to drive with it on for 5 days straight of gloomy weather.
    That is a lot of great detailed information, thank you..

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Intofire56 View Post
    That is a lot of great detailed information, thank you..
    I have the same fridge and love it so far. I'm wondering what temp you have it set at when food is in there? For instance, my low power setting is 48* which I read to be way too warm to store food. I actually moved mine down to 34* for our last trip. I think it did raise the power requirements a bit but I have 565 aH of battery power and 600w of solar so it was no big deal. I know there's lots of talk on this forum about these new DC fridges but I never see anything about lowering the temps for proper food storage.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thread moved to Appliances.
    @Intofire56 -

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thanks Second Chance.

Didn't know about tagging people.
    Michael Dilday - Suffolk, Va.
    2024 Solitude 376RD - Body paint, 3rd A/C, slide toppers, solar upgrade, 8k axle upgrade
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Duramax Crew Dually, B&W Companion hitch
    35+ years camping

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    I have the same fridge and love it so far. I'm wondering what temp you have it set at when food is in there? For instance, my low power setting is 48* which I read to be way too warm to store food. I actually moved mine down to 34* for our last trip. I think it did raise the power requirements a bit but I have 565 aH of battery power and 600w of solar so it was no big deal. I know there's lots of talk on this forum about these new DC fridges but I never see anything about lowering the temps for proper food storage.
    Not sure on yours, but my fridge has a dial with no temperature numbers rather dots,, mine is set at one dot from high, I bought thermometers, after playing with it and traveling, it appears that works, but items set against back they can get frozen..I placed water bottles on their side to prevent that temporary until next trip, July, but I rather not lower it but will see because the thermometer is within range..

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Intofire56 View Post
    Not sure on yours, but my fridge has a dial with no temperature numbers rather dots,, mine is set at one dot from high, I bought thermometers, after playing with it and traveling, it appears that works, but items set against back they can get frozen..I placed water bottles on their side to prevent that temporary until next trip, July, but I rather not lower it but will see because the thermometer is within range..
    Gotcha---thanks! Mine has a digital reading for the fridge and freezer and you can select ranges and temperatures independently on each side.......
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The fridge will only run when it calls for colder temps. If you are traveling with the fridge door closed, it won't have to run as much as during normal usage. Your alternator (assuming you have a good charge line) from the truck should be enough to keep it running.
    Chiming in here - sorry. I have a 3500 with two alternators. Would that help with charging the tv battery while hauling from point to point? Thanks in advance.
    Bob and Isabella (and Sophia, our cat)
    2024 GMC 3500 HD Denali Dually
    2023 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
    “If there’s any doubt, there is no doubt.”

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighClouds View Post
    Chiming in here - sorry. I have a 3500 with two alternators. Would that help with charging the tv battery while hauling from point to point? Thanks in advance.
    Assuming you mean "charging the RV battery", then yes. As long as your charge line from the truck to the RV is active, it will continually charge the RV battery as you drive.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123