User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I agree with @huntr70 in his comments above, with a footnote. Make sure that your BB is fully charged BEFORE traveling and it should be OK.
    Got ya, I do have trailer plugged in at least 3 days before departing for both battery and fridge.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks All.. I'm also going run fridge up to cool, then unplug trailer at night, note battery level, check before sunrise, then check battery just for a baseline, without any charging,

Traveling I'll check at stops on this first trip,

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Intofire56 View Post
    Got ya, I do have trailer plugged in at least 3 days before departing for both battery and fridge.
    You will likely find that with a 12V compressor type fridge, that you will not have to allow 2 or three days for the fridge to completely cool down. They are a lot more like a residential fridge and cool down pretty quickly....or course that is somewhat dependent of how hot the fridge is to start with. You might want to experiment with that aspect of it too.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post

Not sure what you mean by "factory install switches".

Ford Super Duty trucks can be ordered with Upfitter switches. These are in the overhead console. 4 switches are 20 amp, 2 are 40 amp. Wiring can be hooked up to a wire bundle in the engine compartment. The switches can be flipped on and off.

In my truck I have the monitor for the backup camera and my ham radio gear wired to the upfitters. I'm going to wire a 12v outlet into the pickup bed, powering it on when needed with the upfitter.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Ford Super Duty trucks can be ordered with Upfitter switches. These are in the overhead console. 4 switches are 20 amp, 2 are 40 amp. Wiring can be hooked up to a wire bundle in the engine compartment. The switches can be flipped on and off.

In my truck I have the monitor for the backup camera and my ham radio gear wired to the upfitters. I'm going to wire a 12v outlet into the pickup bed, powering it on when needed with the upfitter.
    Thank you for the information.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed my propane/electric in my trailer and installed an Everchill 12volt refrigerator
    Plus 400 watts solar, 4 battle born 100 amp hour battery a Dc to Dc charger.
    My recommendation minimum would be 2 batteries and a Dc to Dc charger with Anderson connector. I’ve been running my system for almost 2 years and it’s one of the best things I’ve done.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the continuing information.

I ran a test and the refrigerator on high setting, no solar or shore power and charged battery. At 9 hours later refrigerator was at operating temperature, as was the freezer. Battery started at 13.66v and end at 13.07v. I'm good with this for traveling, even if you factor in heat of day and a opening of it for lunch. I was more worried about the night traveling than anything else. We don't dry camp and I go from RV park to RV park.

Thanks again, Rick

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a test and the refrigerator on high setting, no solar or shore power and charged battery. At 9 hours later refrigerator was at operating temperature, as was the freezer. Battery started at 13.66v and end at 13.07v. I'm good with this for traveling, even if you factor in heat of day and a opening of it for lunch. I was more worried about the night traveling than anything else. We don't dry camp and I go from RV park to RV park.

Thanks again, Rick
    We had very similar voltage in our 2022 Imagine over a two day power outage. Only the battery running the 12 volt reefer. It ran fine. Stayed at normal temps and cycled on and off as needed. Lowest voltage was 13.19 near the end of the two day outage. Connected to factory solar but under an RV barn so very little charging. Have one 100amp Lithium battery.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again, Rick
    I have the same fridge and with the 165w factory solar and 25 amp mppt charge controller. I put in a 200ah renogy LiPo which has a great bluetooth app to monitor state of charge etc. I have yet to shut off my fridge where it sits and have drinks in it so its not just an empty fridge and this is a more accurate test. couple findings within the 3 weeks I have done this.

-from dusk to dawn the fridge has consistently used 20ah over that time period(9 hours). Probably average 14C 58F as an over night low here currently
    -Just through my longest stretch(5days in a row) so far of overcast/rainy days. State of charge got down to 48.1% by the dawn of the first sunny day. So I burned through 104 ah of battery bank over those 5 days of next to no sun.

So from your original question assuming your solar and charge controller are same as mine and with your 100ah battleborn I would say your good to drive with it on for 5 days straight of gloomy weather.
    Anthony & SarahJayne
    2022 Imagine 2910BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    We had very similar voltage in our 2022 Imagine over a two day power outage. Only the battery running the 12 volt reefer. It ran fine. Stayed at normal temps and cycled on and off as needed. Lowest voltage was 13.19 near the end of the two day outage. Connected to factory solar but under an RV barn so very little charging. Have one 100amp Lithium battery.
    Wow... great Intel, appreciate your informative experience 👍

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast