User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    That’s true. For California no more gas powered cars after 2025. Pretty much 18 months away.

Bill
    Really?!? I thought Cali had brown-outs just trying to run household air conditioners. How they gonna handle millions more battery chargers?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Really?!? I thought Cali had brown-outs just trying to run household air conditioners. How they gonna handle millions more battery chargers?
    If you remember when the proposed ban was first announced, a few days after, the CA governor asked residents to stop charging their electric vehicles during the day. [emoji1782]
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    That's 2035

And it's California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Washington.

Guess we can't go anywhere.....
    Thanks, fat fingered that one

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Fat fingered the year, but yes, very fragile electrical grid in the summer months, essentially in hot desert areas. Don’t know how they will handle the added loads.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Fat fingered the year, but yes, very fragile electrical grid in the summer months, essentially in hot desert areas. Don’t know how they will handle the added loads.

Bill
    Especially when you consider the folks in CA won’t allow nuclear power plants, they won’t have fossil fueled power, nor building dams for hydroelectric. That leaves solar and wind power, both of which depend on the weather. I think the best answer has not yet been found.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the lousy electrical here is the result of mismanagement by PG&E. It has had a threatened government takeover it has gotten so bad.
    I can't speak for SCE in the south.

And all you folks that don't want to come to CA. for one reason or another, please stay away. Maybe someday I can camp here.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully we have had no issues with electricity here since n SoCal aside from being crazy expensive.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eventually all EVs will have bi-directional (Vehicle to Grid) charging. That way EV batteries will be able to push back into the grid to help with peak hours. https://www.evconnect.com/blog/what-...ctric-vehicles

Currently 80% of EV owners charge at home overnight when grid is relatively at rest. I’ve owned EVs since 2015. I never used public charging stations until this year when we went with Teslas. We have 10,000 miles of free charging with our teslas so that’s the only reason we charge at commercial charging stations rather than at home overnight. With the Tesla supercharger network it’s makes cross country and longer distance trips a piece of cake. Our Two Teslas purchased new together cost about the same as My F-450 to buy. Teslas costs 3 cents per mile to feed vs about 30 cents per mile to feed the F450. The only maintenance I needed in first 7 years of EV ownership was wiper blades and a few cabin air filters.

Other than our Diesel F-450 our other 2 vehicles are a pair of his and hers Teslas.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except for periods of active duty I lived in CA over 50 years. Would still be there except my new grandbaby was born 1,000 miles away so we recently left to be closer to family. I wanted an electric pick up for our new 5th wheel but there weren't any on the market yet that had the tow power of my RAM 2500. But there likely will be by the time I'm ready for a new truck.

These types of state resolutions are meant to provide goals. To encourage companies and citizens to work toward them. As of FEB2023 there were no fewer than 37 Electric Vehicle companies trading on the NYSE. I even read an article about a new start up company that is making trailers that have their own batteries and electric motors so that they can be towed by just about any vehicle and the trailers simply power themselves! Make no mistake, EV's are the future. Even without 'bans' you will see that simple supply-and-demand will prevail. Once demand for something drops below the profitability level for a company to produce it, they'll simply stop being produced.

If in 13 years there are enough people wanting to buy new gas powered cars and trucks, there will be companies that produce them.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the government have to mandate the change from horse and buggy to automobiles?

Don't talk about the marketplace and government mandates in the same paragraph. If the demand is there, the marketplace will supply it, in fact they'll usually supply the demand too, advertising is a wonderful thing. Personally I have nothing against electric vehicles, other than the price. But I don't particularly like the government telling me what I can, and cannot buy. IME the government is lousy at doing what they should be good at doing.

JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast