User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. A lot can happen in 13 years, up to and including, politicians coming to their senses.

Oh Hear,Hear!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's hope so.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just Teslas that have fast charging anymore. My wife's Ioniq 5 has a ~275 mile range and can charge from 20% to 80% in under 30 minutes. We normally charge at home but the 2 times we used Electrify America chargers it was simple and fast (also free as she has 3 years of free charging, something like 30 minutes/month).
    We could also buy an adapter to use the Tesla superchargers once they are made available as planned.
    I know a lot of people are not pleased by California's action but they have led the country in tightening emission controls and banning leaded gas. Not saying they are always right, but they are trying to protect people's health.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been very interested in EVs but the problems I see are keeping me out of that market for now. We generally don’t like to stop a lot during long trips so that adds a lot of time. Electric grids in many places are overtaxed by existing uses.

Lastly, if you do any research whatsoever on cobalt mining for lithium batteries, it turns out it is horrible. While companies claim the supply chain is “clean,” that really isn’t the case. From one report:

“Siddharth Kara is a researcher in modern slavery and recently published a book on the cobalt rush. He said what he saw in Kolwezi shocked him more than anything he'd seen before, as ‘the severity and scale of human degradation and exploitation at the bottom of global supply chains, it just really shook me.’

At mine sites he visited, ‘people were caked in toxic filth, children caked in toxic grime and filth and scrounging in pits, trenches and tunnels to gather cobalt bearing ore and feed it up the supply chain,’ he said.”

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there was a "clean" vehicle but....
    We are outsourcing the pollution to 2nd and 3rd world countries but there are no perfect solutions. We have a Ram 2500 Hemi for towing so one of the reasons for the electric car was sort of karmic mpg balancing.
    We live in an imperfect world with few black and white choices.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    I wish there was a "clean" vehicle but....
    We are outsourcing the pollution to 2nd and 3rd world countries but there are no perfect solutions. We have a Ram 2500 Hemi for towing so one of the reasons for the electric car was sort of karmic mpg balancing.
    We live in an imperfect world with few black and white choices.
    This “clean” idea is unnecessary

The whole pollution narrative is just a scam

CO2 concentration is only .035 percent. 30 plus years ago it was .03 percent

Any lower than .02 percent and all plant life dies
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    This “clean” idea is unnecessary

The whole pollution narrative is just a scam

CO2 concentration is only .035 percent. 30 plus years ago it was .03 percent

Any lower than .02 percent and all plant life dies
    Scam? I drove through Los Angeles back in the mid 70's. My eyes were burning before I could get through on my way home to Oregon. We came in from AZ and you could see the smog. I've been back to LA several times in the last 10 years and the air is clean and no smog that I could see.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Scam? I drove through Los Angeles back in the mid 70's. My eyes were burning before I could get through on my way home to Oregon. We came in from AZ and you could see the smog. I've been back to LA several times in the last 10 years and the air is clean and no smog that I could see.
    Don’t have that issue where I live or any place I have ever visited
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Don’t have that issue where I live or any place I have ever visited
    Not now. But you would without EPA regs.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FiverFever2020 View Post
    For those of you that live in or frequently visit California, you may or may not be aware that the California Air Resource Board (CARB) unanimously voted (4 days ago) to ban the sale of new diesel big rigs, delivery and garbage trucks by 2036. Though there is no mention of whether or not this ban is applicable to heavy duty tow vehicles, they did not address them specifically. Does anybody know if this ban will be applicable to the avid RV'er and how difficult it will be to buy diesel as we march toward the deadline? As a Ca resident, I am concerned that my $100K F-350 will be nothing but a 8K pound paper weight in a few years and my rig a permanent structure on my property.

Eric & Jackie
    2015 F-350 DRW
    2020 Momentum 376TH
    California is leading the country with insane ideas and policies. The state is not only hostile to the trucking industry with its abolishing of big trucks in just a few years, but probably will also phase out diesel fuel as part of their effort. That is bad news for the RV community, which the state and our current administration really dosen't care about. Make no mistake. If this trend continues toward promoting EVs and getting rid of diesel rigs, it will become more difficult for us to pursue our dreams of freedom and traveling. Hopefully, it will be awhile before that happens. My hope is development of hydrogen fuels that would easily convert in our diesel rigs. Best advise is to stay out of California if possible. Fuel prices are artificially inflated and ridiculous anyway.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    X2.
    I was there back then too. But, IMO, with todays standards, we have done most of the improvement possible Getting that last little bit as we are trying to do now is a fools errand. Especially with other countries still polluting like we used to. It would be far faster/cheaper to get those countries up to our standards, than trying to improve on what we have already done...Those high pollution countries would not have to invent the technology to do it, as we already did that. They just need to follow our lead.

Not to mention that the new stuff we are attempting to do will likely have it's own problems,,,,as much of it hasn't been proven yet, and a lot of it probably just won't succeed.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast