User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    ... I played their same game and banned California… will never visit there due to their idiotic policies ....
    Same here. No money spent in California. To the point that I will not buy from California based businesses. California = China.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living in Oregon the 2035 ban doesn't bother me one bit. I can still drive my gas and diesel vehicles after 2035. I can still go to ID or? and buy a new 2035 gas or diesel vehicle and drive it in Oregon. Big difference between banning the use of vs the sale of. 12 years is a long time and by then who knows what types of infrastructure are in place or what technology will exist. FWIW Oregon had to stop giving rebates for EV purchases because they ran out of rebate money.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my diesel truck, however, the future is electric. The problem is battery technology and infrastructure.

Look at any of your diesel electric fright trains. Those motors are 100% electric. That does all the pulling. The diesel provides the electricity for the motor.

On a consumer level, not viable. We need batteries that have storage capacity and recharge times just like we have with ice engines today for longer journeys. City driving these make good sense today. We don’t have the charging framework in place nationwide. Still a way to go before this is a total solution.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Look at any of your diesel electric fright trains. Those motors are 100% electric. That does all the pulling. The diesel provides the electricity for the motor."

Why they do it has nothing to do with fuel savings or eco stuff, they do it because they can more easily control the output of several engines coupled together. Has nothing to do really with electric cars, buses, or any such thing. Apples and oranges.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    "Look at any of your diesel electric fright trains. Those motors are 100% electric. That does all the pulling. The diesel provides the electricity for the motor."

Why they do it has nothing to do with fuel savings or eco stuff, they do it because they can more easily control the output of several engines coupled together. Has nothing to do really with electric cars, buses, or any such thing. Apples and oranges.
    My point was electric motors are not the issue related to power, it is battery technology and infrastructure.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Look at any of your diesel electric fright trains. Those motors are 100% electric. That does all the pulling. The diesel provides the electricity for the motor.
    Very apropos in view of the number of recent departures from track!!!!
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Very apropos in view of the number of recent departures from track!!!!
    Lol, very true. [emoji15]

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pry my diesel 450 from my cold, dead hands.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casa_Woody View Post
    Same here. No money spent in California. To the point that I will not buy from California based businesses. California = China.

If you own a Grand Design then you know that all of your appliances and electrical components are Furrion, (aka Lippert). And you of course know that Furrion is a Chinese company. All their stuff is made in China. If you still have all your original documentation just open it up and see where it is made. It's China. Even the tires are from China.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbizman1 View Post
    If you own a Grand Design then you know that all of your appliances and electrical components are Furrion, (aka Lippert). And you of course know that Furrion is a Chinese company. All their stuff is made in China. If you still have all your original documentation just open it up and see where it is made. It's China. Even the tires are from China.
    Most manufacturing has been drove out of the US sometimes you will find assembled in the us or just boxed in the us. Even if it is assembled in the US all they had to do was put 1 srew on here in the US to claim that.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast