Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397TH Heat Distribution

I noticed the heat coming from under the kitchen island wasn't what it used to be, the airflow was definitely less than when we first got the camper. I decided to check the duct work and opened up the front storage area. I found there are two 4 inch ducts that pass through the wall behind the kitchen cabinets from the heater. The ducts then turn to the left and connect to a rectangular aluminum duct that runs under the floor and the island. The central vacuum hose runs through this same hole in the wall and was shoved in above the two 4 inch ducts, time and bouncing down the highway had mashed the two ducts to where they were almost flat.

To gain access I had to remove the bottom shelf from the kitchen cabinets against the forward wall of the kitchen, this is no small feat by the way. I routed the vacuum hose through another hole under the cabinets and away from the duct work. I purchased two 90 degree elbows for dryer vents, did a little trimming on them so they fit under the cabinet floor and reconnected the ducts. The elbows make an easy transition for the air moving through those flexible ducts without any worry of them kinking. Works great!

The first photo is sideways (sorry) but you can see the two ducts and the Vac hose on top. The second photo is under the bottom shelf of the cabinet, you can see how the the duct has been flattened. I pulled the front one off so it wouldn't be blocking the view.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230505_104559[2].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	46186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230505_104229[1].jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	46187
    2020 Ford F-350 King Ranch, 2021 Momentum 397TH, Kawasaki KRX 1000

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Dave A, thanks for sharing your experience. You're not the first to have duct issues, and probably not the last. What you've shared may help someone with a similar situation down the road.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone added solar panels to their Momentum 5th wheel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chs65sc View Post
    Has anyone added solar panels to their Momentum 5th wheel
    Welcome to the forum! You might get a better response by starting a new thread in this forum, or perhaps in the dedicated solar forum. There are lots of Momentums with solar. I hope to add solar & lithium to ours soon.
    2022 Momentum 351M
    2022 F450