User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Routing Starlink cable

Since they are now shipping with a 50 ft. cable, I'm trying to figure where I want to place the router to get to my flagpole buddy. Placing everything behind the pass thru is a tight run for a 50' cable. Haven't found many options for getting the cable out (I can do it through the Nautilus but again that doesn't give me much outdoor length) and then pulling it back in somewhere convenient especially when rain shows up. I know there was another thread with a couple of locations - but different rigs. How are folks getting cable outside?
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Since they are now shipping with a 50 ft. cable, I'm trying to figure where I want to place the router to get to my flagpole buddy. Placing everything behind the pass thru is a tight run for a 50' cable. Haven't found many options for getting the cable out (I can do it through the Nautilus but again that doesn't give me much outdoor length) and then pulling it back in somewhere convenient especially when rain shows up. I know there was another thread with a couple of locations - but different rigs. How are folks getting cable outside?
    Thanks,
    John
    My "modem" (which is not a modem) is on the valance, closest to the slide the cable goes out, through the seal (actually, below the seal in the water tray).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230506_152056_edited.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	46204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230506_152536_edited.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	46205
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    My "modem" (which is not a modem) is on the valance, closest to the slide the cable goes out, through the seal (actually, below the seal in the water tray).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230506_152536_edited.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	46205
    I was thinking about putting it behind the recliners - lots of unused floor space. No desk so we use the table on that side or I sit in the recliner and 'work'. Since we don't full-time and will set up and tear down at lots of sites on a given trip, wonder how much wear and tear the slide seal will get?
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I was thinking about putting it behind the recliners - lots of unused floor space. No desk so we use the table on that side or I sit in the recliner and 'work'. Since we don't full-time and will set up and tear down at lots of sites on a given trip, wonder how much wear and tear the slide seal will get?
    I run the cable through the seal each time I deploy Starlink. Since it's a through frame slide, I so the slide about 1/2 way out, snake the cable through, then finish running the side out. I push it through the seal to get the cable run, then lower it all the way to the bottom, where the drip tray is, and the finish running the slide out.

Reverse the process on teardown.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a wet bar, I mean wet bay? I put the router in there, the Starlink wire through the little trap door for the hose, and there is even a 110v receptacle there to plug the router in. Simple and we have amazing speed anywhere in our 2500RL and can make wifi calls in the rig or several sites away when outside.

There's a listing on here that shows how to hang it up in the basement but I just set it anywhere in the basement where there is a little room.

I stole that idea from a work camper at a state park in Texas.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to go out with our 2670MK for its first long trip, and my plan was simply to plug the router into the garage, thread the cable to the dish out through the hole in the bottom for water lines, and then just place my dishy where the tree cover is least. Since I've got a 110 outlet in the garage, shouldnt be a problem. Any reason why this shouldn't work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodScout View Post
    I'm about to go out with our 2670MK for its first long trip, and my plan was simply to plug the router into the garage, thread the cable to the dish out through the hole in the bottom for water lines, and then just place my dishy where the tree cover is least. Since I've got a 110 outlet in the garage, shouldnt be a problem. Any reason why this shouldn't work?
    I've got a 2970RL and my plan is to route the wire with the water line access hole and put the router in the passthrough storage as well. I do have a Flagpole Buddy for the dish though.
    Last edited by pappcam; 05-09-2023 at 03:02 PM.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will work fine, throughout the inside and outside around your rig. I have to put the dish somewhere around the campsite if we are in the trees. I have the shorter cable that came with the setup but purchased the 150 footer. I am using that one this week to get through the trees.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    I've got a 2970RL and my plan is to route the wire with the water line access hole and put the router in the passthrough storage as well. I do have a Flagpole Buddy for the dish though.
    Found a pop-out 1-1/4 plastic plug in the back of the Nautilus. Ran the cable through that and secured with a screw-in romex clamp and some rubber wrapping. Cable runs between door seal and wall without impacting seals and I just coil and hang it on wall with hoses. Runs through the same access for cable and water. I attached the router to the back of the pass-thru wall with vinyl strapping and screws.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw the 50ft cable came with it, I ordered the 75ft cable. Turns out I didn't need the long one. I route the cord in the hole where my hose enters the wet bay, but my Star Link router is mounted on the forward wall of the storage compartment right next to the way bay. I purchased a 3D printed wall mount for the router and the ethernet adapter clips on it as well. I ran a hard wire from the ethernet adapter to a 3rd party router I mounted on the wall behind my main TV. In the Star Link app, I bypassed the Star Link router so it only acts as a signal pass through now. I get much better speeds throughout the entire camper having the 3rd party router inside the camper compared to using only the Star Link router in the storage bay.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast