User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TiogaCB View Post
    We have the same issue with our new 260RD. I have read in other places that replacing the 12V fan with the ultra-quiet ones sold on Amazon can help. I have not yet ventured to pull the fridge out of the slide and analyze how accessible the fans are.
    I may have to check into that. DW says that it resonates in the bedroom and wakes her up at night. I can hear it and feel some vibration but it doesn't keep me awake.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TiogaCB View Post
    We have the same issue with our new 260RD. I have read in other places that replacing the 12V fan with the ultra-quiet ones sold on Amazon can help. I have not yet ventured to pull the fridge out of the slide and analyze how accessible the fans are.
    Don't be surprised if it is the fan making the noise (if it even has a fan). It is most likely the compressor. My new GE fridge does not have a fan.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue on my 12V Furrion fridge in my 2022 2800BH. When the compressor starts up it vibrates significantly. I actually had to stuff folded paper between the metal flange that surrounds the face of the unit and the woodwork in the trailer to get rid of the banging when the flange vibrates. I also can feel it vibrating the trailer when I am sleeping. We upgraded to a 14" thick nice foam mattress so it should be pretty good a isolating us. It does, however, keep very cold.

I am trying to reach my dealer to claim the issue on warranty. I am worried that a new unit may not cool as well.
    Hobienick

2012 F150 SCREW 3.5 EB, 6.5 Bed, Max Tow
    2022 Imagine 2800BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issues with mine - a bit of a hum but nothing noticeable

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    For those with the Furrion 12v fridge, is your loud when it runs? I mean, it's noticeably loud. Sounds like it's going to take off sometimes. Not as loud as the furnace, but not too far from it. Wondering if it's just ours. We fired it up for the first time today.
    Nope, not just yours. I have a 4 month old 280RS with the Furrion fridge. Every once in a while it makes a really loud buzzing sound. Would love if someone else has formally diagnosed this and found a root cause and a solution. I really don't want to take it into the dealer for repairs because I live in this thing. But I also really don't want it going out on me.
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 12v 16 cu ft double door model in my Reflection---no real noise at all. If you are right up against it while it is cycling on you can hear a very low hum but that's it. If you are more than 6-12" away---nothing. Love it so far!
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar problem with our 12V 16 cu ft unit in our 260RD. It was quite noisy when the compressor would run. We did see some improvement through leveling the unit. As installed at the factory, the unit was leaning back quite a bit. We worked with our dealer under warranty and had the unit removed, reset to a more level installation, and also had some braces installed above the unit to keep it from shifting during transport (another significant issue as received from the factory). It does seem to be slightly less noisy since these repairs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12