Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EMS on 2023/2024 Solitude 396RD?

I just placed an order for a 2023/2024 Solitude 396RD and would like to take the next few months to research it. Right now I am trying to decide what wattage generator to get for it. Should I expect the RV to have an Energy/Power Management System that will shed loads when connected to a service/generator less than 50 amps? If so, what EMS system does it have? Thanks.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
    I just placed an order for a 2023/2024 Solitude 396RD and would like to take the next few months to research it. Right now I am trying to decide what wattage generator to get for it. Should I expect the RV to have an Energy/Power Management System that will shed loads when connected to a service/generator less than 50 amps? If so, what EMS system does it have? Thanks.
    No, sorry. Your unit will not come with anything like that. If you want to hook up to anything less than 50amps (30A, 15A, etc.), you will need the appropriate dogbone adapter, and you will be limited to whatever service you are plugged into.

To determine what size generator you will need, you'll need to determine what the wattages of the loads you want to be able to run are going to be. An example would be a coffee pot that needs around 1000 watts continuous. You would need a generator that supports that. So focus out what devices you want to run, then figure out which of those your would want to run simultaneously, then add it all up and add 10% and that's the wattage generator you'll need.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    No, sorry. Your unit will not come with anything like that. If you want to hook up to anything less than 50amps (30A, 15A, etc.), you will need the appropriate dogbone adapter, and you will be limited to whatever service you are plugged into.

To determine what size generator you will need, you'll need to determine what the wattages of the loads you want to be able to run are going to be. An example would be a coffee pot that needs around 1000 watts continuous. You would need a generator that supports that. So focus out what devices you want to run, then figure out which of those your would want to run simultaneously, then add it all up and add 10% and that's the wattage generator you'll need.
    Thanks for the answer for my question. I will plan accordingly.