User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Trak-4. Extremely accurate and simple to set geo zones. Ours is battery powered, lasting for about 9 months unless you’re traveling and it broadcasts more. It alerts in 1/4 or so after leaving the zone. Recharges with USB.
    Retired US Army, Retired Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2019 F-350 Platinum SRW w/ B&W Companion
    And a great wife….

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonder View Post
    We use Trak-4. Extremely accurate and simple to set geo zones. Ours is battery powered, lasting for about 9 months unless you’re traveling and it broadcasts more. It alerts in 1/4 or so after leaving the zone. Recharges with USB.
    Does it require online services, or a subscription? What does it alert?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it moves it begins to send a signal with GPS coordinates and temperature at rapid intervals. Yeah, we pay a few bucks per month for the peace of mind. Since the unit is so small, unlikely a thief would find it easily. Check their web.
    Retired US Army, Retired Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2019 F-350 Platinum SRW w/ B&W Companion
    And a great wife….

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SpotTrace gps. Forget cell based devices as they are no good if not right next to a phone. We’ve used a SpotTrace for 7 years. Perfect for theft plus friends can see our progress on a roadtrip across the country with location updates every 5 minutes. You get what you pay for. Want to see where your $100 laptop bag is, get a cheap cell tag. Want to track your $100,000 RV, pay $10 a month to get exact gps location.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    It may be a good deal, but actual details about the company are pretty scarce. It may boast 3 years coverage, but that won't mean much when the company is gone in 2. I think I'd want more company details than an 800 number and email address.
    There is a physical address at the bottom of the page, more info likely can be gotten by calling or email. The lack of an about us type page is something that definately would send people in another direction in this world of scammers.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Dewalt Mobilelock DS600. It provides notification to my mobile phone. (RV Motion/Vibration, GPS location (5 free locations per month and the don’t expire from month to month - I have about 200 to use right now), notification/alarm scheduling, etc.) and tons of other functions not mentioned here. There are other modules you can buy that work with it but we only have the base unit. It also provides an audible alarm (very loud) in the RV as well as sending us notifications. It’s a 5v device and It runs on the internal battery charge for about ~35 days depending on notification timers, etc. if it had an external battery connected, it would run for months. There’s a pin/switch on the back of the device and if the device is removed we’re notified/it alarms. So if it was removed you’d at least know about it and be able to GPS its location/know ******** is afoot. Cellular connectivity has never been an issue at our RV storage location or any place we’ve ever traveled. The service is $20 per month and I’m my opinion it’s worth the price.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone, thank you for the information. Everyone who views this thread now has LOTS of options to research. I know I have my work cut out for me. Thank you.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a spot on the news that was showing an app that you can use to scan your vehicle to see if someone has put a tracker on it. Thieves could also use this app to check for trackers and remove them before they steal your RV so the trackers soon may not be as good of an aid in recovery as they are now.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other option may be FLUID MOBILITY, https://marketplace.blackberry.com/a...ty.qubitmobile

Don't know a thing about them (or a lot of other options offered here). Just trying to pass on another possibility for those interested.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a GPS tracker in our current camper (a fiberglass 16 foot, that’s a common and easy target for thieves) because we have to keep it in storage. I looked at all the things other people were doing to try to stop thieves, and most of them could be defeated with a minimal amount of planning from the thieves and a cordless grinder.

I got a tracker from LandAirSea.com. The device is $30 and tracking is $10/month if you pay up front for two years of service. Using the website, you can set alerts so that if the tracker leaves certain locations you’ll get notifications. Right now I have it set up to notify me when it leaves our house or the storage place. I get a notification before I’ve made it 100 yards when I take the trailer somewhere.

To conserve battery life, it only sends updates when it detects motion. It has a built-in battery that will last a while, but it can also be wired into your trailer’s battery, which is what I do. There are enough places to hide it (it’s about the size of a hockey puck) that I’m not worried about a thief trying to trace all the wires to find it.

Like someone else said, I view it the same as insurance and airbags: I hope I never need it, but I’m willing to pay for it in case I do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast