User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring Connector - Scotchlok IDC's

Like so many, I'm in the middle of troubleshooting and repairing the REAR PSX1 Stabilizer motor, switch, wiring, auto-reset breaker, whatever....! (still trying to figure it out)
    Hoping this gets back to Grand Design Quality Control! First, I'd never seen 3M Scotchlok connectors and there's only one video on YouTube on how to disconnect them. Cutting the wire is not a good option because GD didn't leave enough wire to work with. But I'm also finding MANY videos and forum posts on how inadequate these connectors are - makes me wonder how many of these are the culprits on the stabilizer issues (which seem to be many - motor, motor brush springs, bad grounds, bad wiring connections, bad auto reset breaker,,,,,). I will say GD has apparently addressed the corroding connection issues with weather proof connectors and real sticky tape, but they might want to rethink the Scotchlok IDC's. I'm re-doing mine with regular crimp connectors and heat shrink then electricians tape - old fashioned way. Grant it, Quick no strip connectors save assembly time but leaves us with a high potential for bad or failing connectors that are hard to narrow down.
    Just Sharing my thoughts....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anybody cares, Turns out it was the motor. No, I did not tear into it - you can't get the rubber boot off without cutting it and I'd already put $75 worth of labor into it myself (cost of new motor on Amazon). But I'd already started a ticket with Lippert so I called them back and told them what I found. 19 month old Reflection and they are sending me a new motor under Lippert Warranty! Awesome people there!! Super friendly and helpful!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you found the issue.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE