Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not gone through the scales yet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Imagine 2600RB grosses out at about 7800 lbs. and I had trouble pulling it with my half-ton pickup. The 2021 Tundra met all the specs BUT it was really working all the time and there was no way to EVER use the cruse-control. Then I figured out that TORQUE was the problem. The Tundra only had about 400 ft-lb of torque and I estimate that I needed at least 600 ft-lb. I went to the Ford F250 with the 6.7 diesel which has over 1000 ft-lb, which was an over kill but is SO MUCH easier to drive. My fuel consumption average went from about 8mpg with the Tundra to 11mpg and more with the Ford. I can use the cruse control and the truck seldom shifts out of 10th gear. I don't know what the GMC torque is but I suggest you check. The difference that I found was amazing!
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Ford F250SD 6.7 Diesel
    Radio Operator KC5MLV

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the MK and love the trailer. I tow it with a Ram 1500 and a propride hitch.
    I have not run across scales, but it tows decently.
    Before the propride, it did not tow nearly as well.
    I know that I’m right at the limit on payload because if my tanks are full, I will get a payload warning light and my air suspension will disable. If I keep them empty or low, no problem.
    I’m not a full timer. If I was I would get a 3/4?or 1 ton. For our trips 2-3 weeks at a time, 2-3k miles total. I’m good for now.
    No problems with pulling hills or stopping. Driving in high winds, etc

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tongue weight on my 2670MK is between 1050 - 1200 depending on what we load. On our FB group you rarely see anyone coming in under 1000 on the tongue weight.
    There are people who are pulling with a 1500, mostly flat ground. And LOTS of people who started with a 1500 and quickly moved up to a 2500 or better.
    Propride hitch is the best thing we bought for safety, along with putting disc brakes on the trailer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull ours with a 2019 Silverado 1500 Z71 (5.3 V8). We have the same rear end gear ratio as you, but only an 8 speed transmission. I generally have enough power, but when we travel to Blowing Rock, NC we ascend about 2500 feet in last 5-6 mile s. I have to keep the RPMs up so I stay in a lower gear-if I don't my transmission fluid temp starts to rise more than I want. I would want a larger truck if I planned to haul it up some of the mountain passes out west. Since the truck is my daily driver, and I only tow 4-5 times a year, a 1500 works fine.

We have a Blue Ox hitch, which is lighter than a pro pride. My wife jokes that when we buy something for the camper the first thing I ask is how much it weights, and then how much does it cost.

Once we upgraded the Blue Ox hitch to 1000-1500 pound springbars, the rig tows very well. If I load it right, the hitch weight comes in at 920#, and the rear axle weight at 3600#, with the CGVW between 13750 and 14200 (close but still within limits). I will say that it is very easy to overload the truck if you are not careful. Also, we switched to Goodyear Endurance tires (camper), inflated to 80 psi. I have noticed that the rig tows better once the tires heat up and the pressure is in the mid 80 psi range. If you don't have enough weight in the front pass thru, the camper is prone to fishtail. At first I countered the problem by filling the fresh water tank with 20 gallons of water, which worked pretty well. Later, as I added things to storage, I reduced the amount of water to around 10 gallons (only 8 of which are accessible to the water pump).

I think you can tune your rig to tow the MK just fine, as long as you are aware of its limitations. I once camped next to a MK towed by a 2500, and the owner was complaining about fishtailing, so tongue weight is really the key.

I thought about buying a bigger truck, but decided to try some modifications first, since it would be cheaper.
    Replaced the truck bump stops with Sumo compression stops-this helped with bed sag and porpoising on bad roads
    Replaced shocks (worn out at 50,000 miles) with Bilstern 5100 off road shocks
    Our camper springs started flattening after one year, so we upgraded from 2200# springs to 2400#springs. At the same time we changed the one piece equalizers out for Dexter EZFlex equalizers, heavy duty shackles and wet bolts. We also added Sumo compression springs to the camper axles. All of the mods were still cheaper than buying a new truck. I have now towed the rig 8,500 miles...except for the occasional broadside of gusty wind, it tows like a 23 foot boat..but longer of course.

I gave the long answer because 4 years ago, I was asking the same question you are.
    Last edited by RicknBobbie; 05-18-2023 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Typo
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12