User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397TH Single-Point Drain and Macerator Mod

Hey all,

First: I'm noodling through the idea of plumbing my two black/grey dump tubes (front and rear) into a single-point drain setup. Has anyone done this? I'd have to run a drain tube over the axles to pull this off and I'm not sure if there will be a clearance issue - or if there are other factors I haven't considered yet.

Second: I'm thinking about installing a permanent macerator with a bypass so I could still use the gravity tubes if needed. Anyone done this and/or any pitfalls?
    2017 Momentum 397TH
    2020 Ford F-450 Limited
    4 Battle Born BB10012 12V 100Ah (Parallel - 400Ah) - Victron Multiplus II 12/3000/125-50@X120V - Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor - Starlink

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick5246 View Post
    Hey all,

First: I'm noodling through the idea of plumbing my two black/grey dump tubes (front and rear) into a single-point drain setup. Has anyone done this? I'd have to run a drain tube over the axles to pull this off and I'm not sure if there will be a clearance issue - or if there are other factors I haven't considered yet.

Second: I'm thinking about installing a permanent macerator with a bypass so I could still use the gravity tubes if needed. Anyone done this and/or any pitfalls?
    So long as you still have a valve for each tank, I like it

As for the crlearance Dexter states 3" minimum for suspension movement
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’d definitely put a valve on each pipe right before the wye. Looking at it though, I’m thinking I’d be making removal of the coroplast a nightmare. Still have to think about some more.
    2017 Momentum 397TH
    2020 Ford F-450 Limited
    4 Battle Born BB10012 12V 100Ah (Parallel - 400Ah) - Victron Multiplus II 12/3000/125-50@X120V - Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor - Starlink

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’d definitely put a valve on each pipe right before the wye. Looking at it though, I’m thinking I’d be making removal of the coroplast a nightmare. Still have to think about some more.
    I have had two coaches with coroplast underbellies. On both of them, my first project was to remove it, drastically improve the insulation, and reinstall the coroplast in sections. This makes future service work much easier. It is a big job though, parked on concrete, a creeper is your best friend

The downside to exposed valves as you propose is that they can freeze. Don't ask me how I know this.
    Last edited by huntindog; 05-12-2023 at 03:39 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've installed a permanent macerator. It's great for boondocking so I can pump into the tote tank in the bed of my truck. I installed the pump with a union on its inlet so that I can remove it for service if needed (but so far it hasn't been required.) I also included valves so that I can use either the macerator or standard outlet to dump.

This link is to the pump I used. Take a look at the reviews and you'll see mine where I included a list of all valves and fittings used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719KM771

I strongly suggest going with a nice 1-inch flexible hose terminated with cam-lock fittings instead of a regular 3/4 garden hose. The cam-lock fittings make connecting/disconnecting very easy and the tanks drain way faster with through the larger diameter hose.

-John
    John and Vicki
    2022 Solitude 375RES-R
    2021 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wireslv View Post
    I've installed a permanent macerator. It's great for boondocking so I can pump into the tote tank in the bed of my truck. I installed the pump with a union on its inlet so that I can remove it for service if needed (but so far it hasn't been required.) I also included valves so that I can use either the macerator or standard outlet to dump.

This link is to the pump I used. Take a look at the reviews and you'll see mine where I included a list of all valves and fittings used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719KM771

I strongly suggest going with a nice 1-inch flexible hose terminated with cam-lock fittings instead of a regular 3/4 garden hose. The cam-lock fittings make connecting/disconnecting very easy and the tanks drain way faster with through the larger diameter hose.

-John
    Thank you kindly! Would you happen to have any pictures of the install?
    2017 Momentum 397TH
    2020 Ford F-450 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you kindly! Would you happen to have any pictures of the install?
    Here you go...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mac2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	46333 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mac1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	46334
    John and Vicki
    2022 Solitude 375RES-R
    2021 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, wireslv!
    2017 Momentum 397TH
    2020 Ford F-450 Limited