User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    I would never use the stabilizers to hold up the full weight of the trailer so if I need to, I'll use the axle stands.
    Stabilizers? No. Leveling legs? No problem.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Would never happen if you were just resting the trailer on them while you reblock the power jack
    I have done it many times
    It literally is for less than a minute

Likely your trailer shifted causing the failure
    Stabilizers are NEVER meant to be used for leveling.....or supporting the entire weight of a trailer, front or rear....they are just to "stabilize" the trailer while it is in a previously leveled position. Using them to hold up the trailer, either end, is a very good way to destroy them.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only able to get 3 blocks, so 4.5" under my tongue jack after I backed into my driveway so I used axle stands to temporarily prop up the tongue and I was able to get 3 more so it took 9" inches of blocks to get it level. I wish my driveway was more RV friendly but it is what it is. I also wanted it perfectly level so I could configure my LevelMate Pro.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Stabilizers are NEVER meant to be used for leveling.....or supporting the entire weight of a trailer, front or rear....they are just to "stabilize" the trailer while it is in a previously leveled position. Using them to hold up the trailer, either end, is a very good way to destroy them.
    Entire weight of the trailer?
    In this circumstance it might apply 500 lbs per corner jack for the 20 seconds or so it takes to reblock

I do it quite often in sites that have a bad slope
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    My living room slide is pretty big. When leveled and then running the slide out it would jerk so bad it shook the whole camper. I literally use to feel it was tearing itself apart, and I did check everything for binding, unusual wear, and making sure both motors were in sync. When not leveled (back levelers up) the slide is smooth as silk.
    Looking at your floor plan your slides are almost identical to mine. My slide with the fridge, stove and tv are the Schwintek. That slide is always smooth. My slide with the seating and dinette are not the Schwintek and it does the popping, creaking and jerking just like my knees do. Is that the same situation that you have? I have not tried running the seating slide out when not level. How far off level are you to get it to not jump around? Or are you slides just the opposite of mine?
    Thanks for your service. Home of the Free because of the Brave!!
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Looking at your floor plan your slides are almost identical to mine. My slide with the fridge, stove and tv are the Schwintek. That slide is always smooth. My slide with the seating and dinette are not the Schwintek and it does the popping, creaking and jerking just like my knees do. Is that the same situation that you have? I have not tried running the seating slide out when not level. How far off level are you to get it to not jump around? Or are you slides just the opposite of mine?
    Thanks for your service. Home of the Free because of the Brave!!
    All of my slides are Schwintec. The one that does the herky jerky is the living room slide. It seems that when it is only a little out of level it's good. More out of level it's the same as when we autolevel - bad. Our campsite this past week was pretty unlevel - slide was jerking a lot. Once home, before leveling, it was good again. And thank you!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123