User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the forum

Hello everyone. My wife and I currently own a fith wheel of another brand. We have decided that our next unit will likely be the Solitude 345gk. While looking through the forum I am only seeing negative remarks about G.D. warranty work. I realize that people tend to only post negative circumstances. I would like to hear some positive and honest remarks and things to consider.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Warranty work typically gets negative remarks because of the extra long back log at dealers and many dealers won't do warranty work for people that didn't purchase there. GD will authorize a mobile tech to perform warranty work which can be much more convenient. If you're handy at all, most things can be fixed by the owner. Personally, I wouldn't consider warranty when deciding if I'm going to purchase a brand or not. In the past, GD has been good to me in sending parts and letting me do the work (I haven't requested anything in at least 3 years, so I don't know if that has changed).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have done the majority of the needed fixes on the current unit, but there are always the things that come up that require more than I am willing to do, such as repainting a front cap. Just trying to get some real feedback on the company.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as any other company imo

No better no worse

I had a great relationship with Jayco but only had one issue in 7 years so not much to report on

I have had multiple issues with my Grand Design and GD stepped up on some and basically said too bad on others
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa13257 View Post
    Hello everyone. My wife and I currently own a fith wheel of another brand. We have decided that our next unit will likely be the Solitude 345gk. While looking through the forum I am only seeing negative remarks about G.D. warranty work. I realize that people tend to only post negative circumstances. I would like to hear some positive and honest remarks and things to consider.
    Welcome to the forum. I've had a really good experience with the warranty work I've needed on my GD coach. In one case GD paid for a mobile tech, I also left my coach at my dealer's place over the winter so they could take their time. This was much better than my former TT.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. I've only had 1 issue, and it was fixed under warranty after thev1 year. GD authorized it. Everything else has been running as it should. BTW I love that floor plan.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had warranty work done with zero issue on my current unit - they authorized repairs almost same day and a few times without even making me take it to the dealer first. On my past forest river product, warranty claims too much longer.
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The unhappy always seem to make more noise on almost any forum for any brand out there as you stated. Some forums are monitored and the real negative posts are removed. We try to be fair and let the unhappy have their say but draw the line at outright bashing.

That said we have had great service from GD and our dealer. We have had a few problems and the few we had GD stepped up and did what they said, they stood behind their product. BUT we bought 8 yrs ago, while it appears to have changed a little bit I would still consider GD up high in the short list of other trailer manufacturers we'd shop. Dealer experience is one of the biggest downfalls in the RV industry so the ability to use mobile techs for warranty service is a big one.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/