Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Backup Camera

When I ordered my 350M, I requested the backup camera option. I told the dealer I was going to use it as an observation camera so make sure you get the correct camera. Dealership said no problem. When it came in, it had the Furrion FRC12TA-BL backup camera. They said the factory wired it as an observation camera and it will be on at all times so I should be all set. I drove it home and it worked “OK”, but not great, kept losing sync. A week later I went to use the trailer and I could not get the camera to sync at all. Finally called Furrion tech support and they told me I had burnt out the lens on the camera! The backup camera was developed only to be used for a few seconds in reverse, not as an observation camera!! I should have gotten their model FOS48TA-BL which can be left on at all times. Tech Support also told me they are going to send me their Observation model at no charge to replace the backup camera version. That’s what I call Customer Service!
    Just wanted to let everyone know, do not plan on using the Furrion Backup Camera as an observation camera, it won’t work!
    Jim and Ellie
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2015 GMC 3500 Denali Diesel CC Dually
    2014 Harley Trike
    Haverhill, MA

campusa
    let us know how the new one works, I have been considering the observation camera.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I have a camera on the back of my momentum355 but got it used and no instructions do I need the factory monitor or does it work on my factory chev back up screen .what do I need thanks bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my new observation camera and monitor last Wednesday and had it installed in about 20 minutes. Left on Friday for an 800 mile weekend trip and I'm glad to report the camera worked great! During the entire trip the camera may have lost sync a couple of times but was able to resync itself within a second or two. I was able to see cars behind me with no issues. I would highly recommend it!! This is the Furrion model FOS48TA-BL.
    Jim and Ellie
    2014 Harley Trike
    Haverhill, MA

campusa
    Does your camera ever turn off? I installed one over the weekend as well and noticed even with the battery switch off, the camera was being powered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went out and checked myself and you are correct, it never powers off even with the battery switch off! I remember talking to the technician who did my PDI and he told me there was a red wire going to the battery that powers the camera. I think I remember seeing it and it had an in-line fuse. I will have to check it out to make sure it can be powered off for the winter!!
    Jim and Ellie
    2014 Harley Trike
    Haverhill, MA

campusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Gee View Post
    Just went out and checked myself and you are correct, it never powers off even with the battery switch off! I remember talking to the technician who did my PDI and he told me there was a red wire going to the battery that powers the camera. I think I remember seeing it and it had an in-line fuse. I will have to check it out to make sure it can be powered off for the winter!!
    I was kinda wondering myself if this was going to be a issue or if the power draw was minimal, but it would be nice to know how or if it would be good to power it down, kind of wierd that it comes prewired always hot, even with battery switch off.
    Last edited by campusa; 09-01-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: wording

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First @Jim Gee. Thanks for posting this. Had dealer order observation camera. After reading your post, checked with dealership and they did in fact order the backup camera. The new one arrived, and I installed in less than 8 minutes. Camera came already paired up. Review of Observation camera: works great, extremely easy to install with prewired mount. Has 3 adjustments on camera mount for distance. Checked tonight; it is powered even with battery power off on rv. I have checked picture at 100 feet and still extremely clear picture. I can not speak for longevity but so far very happy with it and feel it is money well spent. I do not see WHY someone would buy the backup when you can get the observation for the same price. The observation does have distance lines also. I have mine set for max distance and cannot see the bumper in the viewing, however when backing can see a wide view of my surroundings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to confuse any one. The 100 foot test is from the camera to the viewing receiver.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will leving the camera on All the time burn out the camera?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast