User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    We don't use the furrion gas stove in our RV because its a pain in the rear to get started, etc etc... The convection microwave or the air fryer is our go to options to bake. I've been searching replacement options for the furrion gas stove and I came across the furrion electric oven. I didn't know they made one, and it looks like the dimensions are the same as the gas. Has anyone replaced their gas oven with the furrion electric oven? My gas oven has a digital readout, so there should be power behind it.

https://furrion.com/collections/ovens
    We have the Furrion cooktop/oven and I agree that the oven is crap.
    We also have a convection microwave. I was skeptical about the convection part, but it actually works extremely well. Cooks a great baked potato! I have seen people cook turkeys and bake cakes in them. Maybe this could work for you??

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion oven

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiejack75 View Post
    We also have a convection microwave. I was skeptical about the convection part, but it actually works extremely well. Cooks a great baked potato! I have seen people cook turkeys and bake cakes in them. Maybe this could work for you??
    I have about same vintage 303RLS. The oven was very difficult to light. During the first year of ownership I called Furrion and explained what was going on. The lady said uh-huh and sent me a new complete oven. The new one had a new blower and air flow arrangement. The replacement is much better. Obviously they knew it was a bad design.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Your furrion oven works fine??? Mine is a pain in the a$% to even bother with. I have to set it to 425 to hopefully hit 350. I have to use a dial thermometer set inside to get an accurate reading. The digital readings and settings on the oven are completely worthless. The set temperature wanders all over the place. Small incremental changes on the set dial, make huge temperature swings. Its worthless for boondocking as it wastes 12v power with the fan running all the time and its been that way from day one when we bought it new. If there was a decent aftermarket drop in that was propane, I would want one. Like the two ovens I had before in prior rigs that actually had some degree of accuracy for heating and no fan running all the time.
    Agree 100%. I have the exact same problems. One step above an Easy Bake oven.
    Tom & Janice
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty XLT 6.2L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    The problem with these ovens is the fan. We have the same oven, we are full time, my wife cooks a lot and and I have heard all the comments that you list and more. I hated that the fan ran until the oven cooled down which was about when we were done eating. About eight months ago a bearing went out in the fan. Of course being Furrion there are no replacement parts so I disconnected the fan. Now the oven works as it should. It heats better and cooks good and my wife no longer screams at the oven and it is quiet. Disconnecting the fan is not hard. Remove the cook top, remove the screws holding the top metal plate on the oven and disconnect a wire to the fan. After about a hundred meals, nothing burnt up and the oven works great.
    Thanks for that tip, my wife hates the oven so much she refuses to use it and only uses the convection microwave.
    I'm going to make that mod asap. I was at the point where I was going to yank the thing out and build shelves in there or install a dishwasher.
    Wife loves the idea of the dishwasher but I am hesitant to run water and drain lines to the slides exposed to the outside.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2010 Ram 3500 dually
    Home is where I park it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly skip the RV world and look at Marine (especially sailing catamarans) options. They have gorgeous electric range tops and I’m sure someone must make electric ovens. At least you can get spare parts for them and they are designed to be used on the move.

Just a quick Google brought up tons of options that look 1000% times better made than a Furrion.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazcon5 View Post
    Thanks for that tip, my wife hates the oven so much she refuses to use it and only uses the convection microwave.
    I'm going to make that mod asap. I was at the point where I was going to yank the thing out and build shelves in there or install a dishwasher.
    Wife loves the idea of the dishwasher but I am hesitant to run water and drain lines to the slides exposed to the outside.
    Here's what we did about ours:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ight=induction

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiejack75 View Post
    We do most of our cooking in the Furrion convection microwave to. The ninja air fryer with pressure cooker lid is our second used. Our Furrion has a tendency of burning food on the back left corner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Nice! So are you using a convection micro or air fryer to do most of your cooking?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Our Furrion has a tendency of burning food on the back left corner.
    That's why we always use the round stand on the rotating platter - cooks very evenly that way (but you have to use round pans, pizza pans, etc.).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! So are you using a convection micro or air fryer to do most of your cooking?
    Haha - so we're cross-typing!

We use the convection microwave, an Instant Pot, and the induction burner. If Laura is doing something that requires two pots/pans, we'll use the gas burner, too. We use the Instant Pot on an almost daily basis. The induction burner sees almost daily use, too. The microwave is used for reheating, making tea, etc., and the convection oven for any baking or roasting.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast