User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Yeah, the Furrion gas oven can be hard to start. It took us a while to get the hang of it, but now it works well. We use a pizza stone on the base to level out the heat. Maybe give the gas unit a second chance.
    What did you do different to get it started? When I first turn on the gas, light my stove tops to get the gas there, it still takes maybe 4 minutes to get the pilot lit.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW ours lights very quickly, usually you can let off the knob after maybe 10 seconds. However, if the tank level is very low, and correspondingly, the pressure is also low, the pilot light can take 30-45 seconds to stay lit.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just use a small toaster oven that sits on the counter. It was my wife's favorite cooking appliance in the stick house for cooking pies, etc. We use it for most of the cooking. Toast too.

It rides right there too. We strap it in with a small hook up underneath the cupboard.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    We just use a small toaster oven that sits on the counter. It was my wife's favorite cooking appliance in the stick house for cooking pies, etc. We use it for most of the cooking. Toast too.

It rides right there too. We strap it in with a small hook up underneath the cupboard.

KEN
    Is that the Breville? I've seen pics of rver's removing the gas oven and setting the Breville in its place.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    Is that the Breville? I've seen pics of rver's removing the gas oven and setting the Breville in its place.
    No
    It's just a cheap 5 or 6 year old toaster oven.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    We don't use the furrion gas stove in our RV because its a pain in the rear to get started, etc etc... The convection microwave or the air fryer is our go to options to bake. I've been searching replacement options for the furrion gas stove and I came across the furrion electric oven. I didn't know they made one, and it looks like the dimensions are the same as the gas. Has anyone replaced their gas oven with the furrion electric oven? My gas oven has a digital readout, so there should be power behind it.

https://furrion.com/collections/ovens
    One additional detail I thought about. The 1400W electric produces just a little more than half of the heat of the gas version. Might cause delays in heating up and problems recovering if you open the door.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I'd be looking at fixing the issue with the gas stove before I'd spend that much for another stove, and only 120V. We have the Furrion and it works fine. You don't say what it's in or how old it is, but if you could expand on the problem/s you're having with it, someone may be able to save you $1,000.
    Your furrion oven works fine??? Mine is a pain in the a$% to even bother with. I have to set it to 425 to hopefully hit 350. I have to use a dial thermometer set inside to get an accurate reading. The digital readings and settings on the oven are completely worthless. The set temperature wanders all over the place. Small incremental changes on the set dial, make huge temperature swings. Its worthless for boondocking as it wastes 12v power with the fan running all the time and its been that way from day one when we bought it new. If there was a decent aftermarket drop in that was propane, I would want one. Like the two ovens I had before in prior rigs that actually had some degree of accuracy for heating and no fan running all the time.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like your oven is a convection oven, what with the fan running. Ours is just an old fashioned dial oven/stove top. The temperature dial is pretty close, but it sounds like yours is a lot different.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Your furrion oven works fine??? Mine is a pain in the a$% to even bother with. I have to set it to 425 to hopefully hit 350. I have to use a dial thermometer set inside to get an accurate reading. The digital readings and settings on the oven are completely worthless. The set temperature wanders all over the place. Small incremental changes on the set dial, make huge temperature swings. Its worthless for boondocking as it wastes 12v power with the fan running all the time and its been that way from day one when we bought it new. If there was a decent aftermarket drop in that was propane, I would want one. Like the two ovens I had before in prior rigs that actually had some degree of accuracy for heating and no fan running all the time.
    Our experience exactly...My wife hates it
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    The problem with these ovens is the fan. We have the same oven, we are full time, my wife cooks a lot and and I have heard all the comments that you list and more. I hated that the fan ran until the oven cooled down which was about when we were done eating. About eight months ago a bearing went out in the fan. Of course being Furrion there are no replacement parts so I disconnected the fan. Now the oven works as it should. It heats better and cooks good and my wife no longer screams at the oven and it is quiet. Disconnecting the fan is not hard. Remove the cook top, remove the screws holding the top metal plate on the oven and disconnect a wire to the fan. After about a hundred meals, nothing burnt up and the oven works great.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast