Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paneling & Seam Tape is Cross Silk Taupe

I wanted to purchase some seam tape for my 303 just in case I needed to patch a nail hole, an accidental scratch, etc, etc. Janice had mentioned contacting the dealership and giving them your VIN. Did that. For 1" width, my dealership said it'd be 50 cents per foot plus whatever shipping costs and he couldn't tell me that cost 'cause he doesn't know until order is placed. He said that most often he gets oversized packages for small items which significantly increases shipping. For my 303RLS, the paneling/seam tape pattern is "Cross Silk Taupe" (see pic), with the seam tape being Grand Design part #610024.

So, if I were to get 20 feet at 50 cents and add shipping of likely $10, that's a $20 bill. Doable I guess. My dealership is 1.5 hrs away so there's that. Curious-er, I found out that Panel Solutions Inc, 5015 Verdant St, Elkhart, IN 46516, (574) 389-8494, is a manufacturer of a whole lot of these RV paneling, tape, and more products for various manufacturers in the industry including my GD 303. They do have the tape in any size up to 48" width. But, the rolls they have that I'm interested in are $13/roll for a 1" x 150' roll with a minimum 3 roll purchase. That'd be $39 plus shipping, say $15 for a total of $54 for 1" x 450 feet. I don't need that much. My thoughts right now are to purchase the smaller amount from the dealership and pick up on my way back from my big trip that starts Tuesday. But, and here's the reason for the post besides arming my fellow 303 guys with info, I'd be willing to work with anyone if they want to buy en mass and split. If there are a lot of folks wanting to split costs, it could be worth it; i.e., $54 split by 10 folks, adding another ship of about $2 or less, would be about $7 for 45 feet. 20 folks, half that, etc, etc.

I wouldn't mind taking the lead on it if the desire is high enough. Let me know if anyone wants to split for more product. I'm in no hurry to get this and will purchase in about 2 months on my way home if no one is interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150813_08_30_18_Pro.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	2899

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brent,

I was just searching for this same tape. I know this is an old post, but if you ever got a supply of Grand Design part #610024 , and still have any, I could use about 16 ft.