User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomani View Post
    We met up with my brother in-law and his wife - heading to Northern California this weekend for a week of camping. They have a 2022 Reflection 280RS 150 Series that they bought from the same dealer we did a couple months later.

I noticed them struggling to close the door - slamming it. Since I had already remedied the slamming door issue on our 303RLS, I offered to walk him through it while I video taped it. Below is a link to that video. Please note - I never travel without locking the deadbolt on the trailer. While I am 100% confident that this modification is safe, please consult a professional before trying this at home.

Click here to view the video
    My door does the exact same thing. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?
    Thanks for sharing!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Setting Up Camp north channel novels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the informative video.

I guess I'll be doing the same when I take off the winter cover. Be another week before the bright red maple blossoms overhead have all fallen. (They leave red stains when they get rained on.)
    2000 Jayco Eagle 243RKS 1992 Dodge 250 5.9 Cummins (retired)
    2013 Puma 253FBS 2003 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins (Moved on)
    2018 Reflection 230RL 2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Current)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good mod...but I have found that if you pull on the latch before contact and push gently on the door, it closes just fine. That is unless it is really far off I guess. No need to slam the door ever.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 05-19-2023 at 11:23 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rear door was nearly impossible to close without slamming. Nothing helped (various lubes, adjusting striker plate, holding handle open), but this fix corrected it, works great now.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much! I’ve been afraid of damaging the door or frame by someone slamming the door. Easy fix!
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I sprayed copious WD40 into my lock, and no longer have to slam the door. Might give this a try before going to the lengths shown in the video.
    A drop of oil makes a night and day difference! Or w40
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We met up with my brother in-law and his wife - heading to Northern California this weekend for a week of camping. They have a 2022 Reflection 280RS 150 Series that they bought from the same dealer we did a couple months later.

I noticed them struggling to close the door - slamming it. Since I had already remedied the slamming door issue on our 303RLS, I offered to walk him through it while I video taped it. Below is a link to that video. Please note - I never travel without locking the deadbolt on the trailer. While I am 100% confident that this modification is safe, please consult a professional before trying this at home.

Excellent video. My strike plate was also installed backwards so it might e a factory issue. Also after 2 years of use one day when we were traveling I stopped & found my door open. When I really studied the issue I discovered that the deadbolt could not be turned completely because the cut out in the door frame was not deep enough to turn the deadbolt to the completely extended position. I made the opening deeper with a chisel & the deadbolt now extends completely. No more issues.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading your post, I went right out and did the modification myself. I now have the one finger closure.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Jim
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS
    2005 Ford F350 Bullitt proofed 6.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great video! Thank you!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome & tx's for the video. I've had a terrible time with ours & have it working decently now. Our door must not have been installed correctly from the factory, when the body heats up & expands the Stricker plate gap tightens to the point it contacts the door.

The symptom for this is heat related, I just thought I would mention this for the owners clicking on your post searching for door close problems. I posted Lipperts fix which I did not do. I flattened the Stricker plate & found very shallow head screws.......mickey mouse fix.

Our door works decently after my cheesy repair, I will do your suggestion in the video to & improve some more.

There is a coach service facility I use & will be taking our 310GK in for some damage I did last fall. I'm hoping they will have a solution for my home made door repair...
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast