User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Big Of TV Will Fit Where The 50” TV Is In A 340RDS?

I’d like to replace the 50” TCL Roku tv it has big halos on the side of it and really has a bad picture quality. Will the backing wall behind it hold a 60-65” TV?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsysiegel View Post
    I’d like to replace the 50” TCL Roku tv it has big halos on the side of it and really has a bad picture quality. Will the backing wall behind it hold a 60-65” TV?
    OK, I don't have that coach so can't comment directly. But it seems to me that the critical factors will be dimensions (will the new TV fit in the space you have) and weight. Assuming the new model you have in mind fits in the space, you'll want to compare the weights of the two units. Most modern TVs are pretty light so there shouldn't be more than a few pounds difference. If there's a bigger difference I'd stay away, you don't want to arrive at your destination someday only to find the new TV on the floor. Also you'll want to be sure the new TV can accommodate the mount you currently have unless you're planning on a new mount.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure someone with a 340RDS will chime in....

It might be helpful to give the weights of the 50" versus a 60" or 65".

Looking at photos of that floor plan it seems the TV will overlap either or both windows depending on it's location. You could always put some kind of support under the TV (especially when traveling) to ease matters a bit.

I don't think I'd be hanging any TV on that wall with an articulating mount of any kind or any mount that allows any extension/tilting/etc.

Thinking a bit more about how to mount a TV... perhaps put up some sort of support between the bottom cabinet's top and top cabinet's bottom. Sort of beef up the mount location so the bottom cabinet carries most of the weight. You could use some 3/4" plywood or just some 2" x 3" or 4" 'studs" secured to both cabinets and the back wall.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to have to look at the weight differences. I know it will hang down over the bottom edge and cover part of the glass door the radio is in. We live in the 340rds full time so no worries on it going down road. If we do move it I’d take the tv out before hand also. I’m hoping someone has mounted one in a 340 though as I’d like to put a new mount,I’m just not sure what weight even the wall will bear for the mount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked it up,the current 50” tcl is 20 lbs and a 60” tv is around 37lbs without stand.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsysiegel View Post
    I looked it up,the current 50” tcl is 20 lbs and a 60” tv is around 37lbs without stand.
    With that much extra weight, I'd want to beef up the mounting support. @traveldawg has given you some good pointers on how to do that.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S