User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Portable panel connection.

I have a 2018 303 rls. I have a portable panel connection on the front near the storage door street side. It has a 10a fuse inside the storage area in-line on the positive wire. It then takes off and can’t tell where they go anyone have insight to where these terminate possibly on the roof? Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportzfann View Post
    I have a 2018 303 rls. I have a portable panel connection on the front near the storage door street side. It has a 10a fuse inside the storage area in-line on the positive wire. It then takes off and can’t tell where they go anyone have insight to where these terminate possibly on the roof? Thanks
    They are supposed to be connected to the battery. Mine weren't connected when I got the trailer. The wires were just laying on the floor of the compartment.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probe the trailer connector pins with a voltmeter, you should have battery voltage on them. You can buy a mating plug on Amazon to make your own cable.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    They are supposed to be connected to the battery. Mine weren't connected when I got the trailer. The wires were just laying on the floor of the compartment.
    Great avf100. I wondered if they ran to a j box somewhere but like you said probably left disconnected near the battery. Do you know if they run any combiner box on roof as part of prewire?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great avf100. I wondered if they ran to a j box somewhere but like you said probably left disconnected near the battery. Do you know if they run any combiner box on roof as part of prewire?
    What does it look like on your roof? Pictures would be great.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, nothing on the roof. That plug is only for a portable solar panel.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    No, nothing on the roof. That plug is only for a portable solar panel.
    Afv100. Yea went up on the roof no combiner box, but I have a lot of real estate up-there so I took some measurements so I can add some panels soon. I will follow the already written up plan for adding solar to my rig starting with batteries and the converter. Don’t know if I will utilize the portable connections at this point. Thanks for the help:

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afv100. Yea went up on the roof no combiner box, but I have a lot of real estate up-there so I took some measurements so I can add some panels soon. I will follow the already written up plan for adding solar to my rig starting with batteries and the converter. Don’t know if I will utilize the portable connections at this point. Thanks for the help:
    A lot depends on where you camp. If you're like me and are often in a shady site, the option of moving portable panels around to where the sun is can be very useful. If you tend to camp in full sun, then yes, roof panels are the way to go because you can't beat the convenience of already set up. Also, there's room for a lot more capacity on the roof.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S