User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    These are the ones I got (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083T6NTQL/), they work very well on my Reflection. I accidentally left my tea cup on the counter, even after traversing a construction site it was still in place at our next stop. Yes, two sets.

Perfect. Thank you!
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL
    Pulled by GMC 3500 duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a picture of my springs: would those sumo be a problem with the basement covering?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	46327
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarddroid View Post
    I took a picture of my springs: would those sumo be a problem with the basement covering?

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	46327
    I have the same coroplast on the bottom of the rig and decided it wouldn't be an issue. The Sumos are preloaded (compressed 1/2 inch) when installed so there isn't much movement against the coroplast. The Sumos sandwich it against the bottom of the beam. So far, I've not had issues.

I'd add a picture but apparently Sumos are one of the things I don't have pictures of.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I have the same coroplast on the bottom of the rig and decided it wouldn't be an issue. The Sumos are preloaded (compressed 1/2 inch) when installed so there isn't much movement against the coroplast. The Sumos sandwich it against the bottom of the beam. So far, I've not had issues.

I'd add a picture but apparently Sumos are one of the things I don't have pictures of.
    Thank you! That’s good to know. I’ll measure things up and get them ordered if they will fit….
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good setup. I would suggest you consider the tires...i.e. consider changing them to Endurance Load Zone E. You probably also checked them but if your unit has the barn-doors inside, make sure they open and close freely. We had to learn the hard way ourselves.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Ford F250SD 6.7 Diesel
    Radio Operator KC5MLV

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I was looking at upsizing the tires to the 225 version to get the E load rated.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	IMG_0707.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	592.7 KB 
ID:	46423

I am wondering how to get the front bottom corner of the slide to pull in tight? The back bottom corner is great
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did E rated Endurance tires on mine, pretty certain it pulls better besides the extra plies. I added an access hole to get to the winterizing valve up front, just to make that part easier. You might check yours for the valves on the back of the water heater, if yours happens to have the bypass, just to get familiar with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarddroid View Post
    Really like this floor plan, two entrances, pass-through bathroom, and the full-size queen!

I am wondering what I should double check before hitting the road with this new to me trailer?

I’m concerned about the china tires…should I be? Should I increase the size to get load range E tires? That a concern?

Are there some mods I should do before traveling to make this a better experience for the DW? I am more concerned about reliability and comfort for her than reasonable expenses….

Any feedback would sure be appreciated!
    We have a 2021, love it. I changed out the tires to Carlisle 225s after the first trip, the larger size seemed to make it roll smoother, definitely an upgrade. Also installed Road Armor w/wet bolts/brass bushings and a Z-brace. The OEM suspension uses plastic bushings, so whether you use Moryde or Road Armor, it'll be an improvement on the tow experience, and should eliminate suspension issues.
    At a minimum, grease the bearings and check/adjust the brakes. I would love to convert to disc brakes, but using it 2x/yr doesn't justify that cost (yet).
    Many of us have modified or replaced OEM items, based on personal use and preference. I replaced all 3 ceiling vents with MaxFans w/bug screens and covers, replaced the TV arm with a fully articulating one that allows the TV to be rotated 90 degrees so that it faces the rear lounge seats straight on, rather than at an angle. Added a BluRay player (the OEM integrated DVD player and I don't talk the same language), and Ford's SuperDuty integrated backup camera and TPMS system. Installing RV electronic locks, kitchen backsplash, and cap light remote control this week before heading out Thursday.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    We have a 2021, love it. I changed out the tires to Carlisle 225s after the first trip, the larger size seemed to make it roll smoother, definitely an upgrade. Also installed Road Armor w/wet bolts/brass bushings and a Z-brace. The OEM suspension uses plastic bushings, so whether you use Moryde or Road Armor, it'll be an improvement on the tow experience, and should eliminate suspension issues.
    At a minimum, grease the bearings and check/adjust the brakes. I would love to convert to disc brakes, but using it 2x/yr doesn't justify that cost (yet).
    Many of us have modified or replaced OEM items, based on personal use and preference. I replaced all 3 ceiling vents with MaxFans w/bug screens and covers, replaced the TV arm with a fully articulating one that allows the TV to be rotated 90 degrees so that it faces the rear lounge seats straight on, rather than at an angle. Added a BluRay player (the OEM integrated DVD player and I don't talk the same language), and Ford's SuperDuty integrated backup camera and TPMS system. Installing RV electronic locks, kitchen backsplash, and cap light remote control this week before heading out Thursday.
    Thank you!! Great suggestions!!

Are the dexter hubs just a grease gun in a zerk or do I need to disassemble and grease them in that manner?
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast