User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarddroid View Post
    Thank you!! Great suggestions!!

Are the dexter hubs just a grease gun in a zerk or do I need to disassemble and grease them in that manner?
    Unfortunately the 2021 2500 does not have EZLubes or similar unless the previous owner installed them. It requires the old school method, pop the grease cap and repack. Stan (Over the Hill Adventures, on YouTube) has some great videos on trailer maintenance. We're friends, have the same trailer. This video shows him repacking bearings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FixR...50dXJlcw%3D%3D
    I forgot to add that we've installed a Hughes Autoformer (surge protector), Lippert shades for both entry doors, a grab bar on the main entry screen door, and a step stabilizer on the front door. One of these days I'll have to put a list together - we're always learning something new or seeing an item that we like. Stan and Rhonda have an Amazon list that is pretty thorough. This is our 5th trailer (3rd bumper pull), it's plenty of room for us and even the grandkids when their tent gets wet.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarddroid View Post
    Thank you!! Great suggestions!!

Are the dexter hubs just a grease gun in a zerk or do I need to disassemble and grease them in that manner?
    I don't feel like typing a book at the moment, but do NOT use a zerk to grease the bearings.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    Unfortunately the 2021 2500 does not have EZLubes or similar unless the previous owner installed them. It requires the old school method, pop the grease cap and repack. Stan (Over the Hill Adventures, on YouTube) has some great videos on trailer maintenance. We're friends, have the same trailer. This video shows him repacking bearings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FixR...50dXJlcw%3D%3D
    I forgot to add that we've installed a Hughes Autoformer (surge protector), Lippert shades for both entry doors, a grab bar on the main entry screen door, and a step stabilizer on the front door. One of these days I'll have to put a list together - we're always learning something new or seeing an item that we like. Stan and Rhonda have an Amazon list that is pretty thorough. This is our 5th trailer (3rd bumper pull), it's plenty of room for us and even the grandkids when their tent gets wet.
    The video on greasing the hubs is perfect! Thank you!
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL
    Pulled by GMC 3500 duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [, it's plenty of room for us and even the grandkids when their tent gets wet.[/QUOTE]

We love the trailer! We travel with two adult Down’s syndrome boys and they love “camping!” The floor plans works perfect for us.
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been towing travel trailers since 1968 all over the country and have never seen the need to replace or upgrade the springs.

What is important to me is keeping the bearings greased and good tires. I replace my tires every four years where they need it or not. I've never had a flat on the road by doing so.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper2 View Post
    I've been towing travel trailers since 1968 all over the country and have never seen the need to replace or upgrade the springs.

What is important to me is keeping the bearings greased and good tires. I replace my tires every four years where they need it or not. I've never had a flat on the road by doing so.
    That’s good to know! I am planning on upgrading the tires to the larger size and lubing the bearings. I need to find the inner seal though before I take it town to clean, check, and grease!

Thank you!
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: greased the wheel bearings, had the tires checked at Les Schwab, and installed the Zumo spring helpers.

Have made several outings this year and are very happy with this trailer!

The only issue is the bottom of the dining/refer slide goes not retract all the way in. Stays out about an inch.

Thanks again for all the tips!

Is it difficult to add the max fan vents?
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it difficult to add the max fan vents?[/QUOTE]

I don’t consider changing roof vents “difficult” but it does take awhile to gently scrape the sealer off. I now use PermaBond or similar roof tape to seal anything on the roof.
    The bedroom vent does not have power, I brought power from the kitchen fan using a fishtspe.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    Is it difficult to add the max fan vents?
    I don’t consider changing roof vents “difficult” but it does take awhile to gently scrape the sealer off. I now use PermaBond or similar roof tape to seal anything on the roof.
    The bedroom vent does not have power, I brought power from the kitchen fan using a fishtspe.[/QUOTE]

Very good! Thanks!
    2021 Grand Design 2500RL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123