Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial thoughts on our Momentum 380TH

We picked up our 380TH on June 24 from General RV in North Canton, OH, and headed back home to Albany, NY. During the next couple weeks, in addition to cleaning out our house for a July closing, we did go over the new camper trying to understand how everything works. Overall, I think the 380TH has much better quality than our previous campers. However, we did find several things that needed attention: hanging ceiling light in kitchen broke on trip home (globe shattered spreading glass all over the kitchen area), slides not closing tight enough, massage mechanism on one lounge chair not working properly, refrigerator would not work on propane (found this out when camper was moved away from house and didn't have electricity), shower drain seemed to be emptying into black tank, door closer on back door mounted too low and was rubbing on the door, plus some more minor things.

We had the refrigerator fixed by a mobile repairman because of the urgency of the issue. I was concerned that this issue was not found at the factory or in the PDI. We scheduled a trip back to Ohio to General RV to get repairs. I must say, everybody that we talked to at that dealership was very friendly and concerned about our problems. We "camped" in their parking lot for 3 days while they worked on the problems. Everything got fixed and we are very pleased with their work. The repair guy, Tim, was amazing at how he took manufacturing defects and made them work properly.

General RV in North Canton, OH certainly went above the ordinary to help us out and we are very grateful!
    Gary

2017 Solitude 374TH-R
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually
    2010 Honda NT700V
    2014 Sherco

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary,

Interesting how much your story parallels ours

We also picked up our 380TH from General in North Canton on June 27th (I think) and brought it back to our house in Rochester NY. Like you, we were impressed with their service dept, we thought they did a great job with PDI and the walkthrough. I was not impressed with the brakes on the way home, even though they assured me the brakes would get better with each application. Had about 50% of the braking i would have expected and they said they adjusted them.... Other than that, Tim has been very responsive to us for the few issues we have found in our unit while 'camping' in our driveway.

We also will be fulltiming soon. Going down to TX for the winter, then back to Rochester to sell the house in the spring. Should be interesting/busy while working full time for me until my May retirement.

Hope your 380 treats you well.
    2016 380TH
    2014 Ram 3500 dually
    KTM 950A, BMW 650GS
    Abusing the National Parks pass, 33 national parks in 11 months during our first year on the road - http://www.wherearekimandchris.com/blog/
    Current travels - http://www.wherearekimandchris.com/

Traveling Piper
    KimandChris, loved your blog. We also love Lajitas in the winter. We spent New Years there two years ago- very nice. We have the 350, but if we were full time, would have probably gone with the 380.