User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Driveway parking for Momentum 336M

I recently purchased the 336M and am looking at storage options while I am waiting for it to be delivered. Since our town has no restrictions for driveway parking (at least for now), I am considering storing at home. It is a 70' long double driveway with a 4 deg grade (or about 9%). Here are a few questions for those that park a trailer this size at home...

1) Can I prevent driveway damage/sinking (typical residential asphalt driveway) by using 2" PT lumber to distribute the load? Each of the two axles carries 7,000 lb and the remaining 3,000 lb goes on the front stabilizers. These numbers correspond to the GVWR.
    2) Will I be able to level the trailer using the auto-level function considering the grade?
    3) How much of the load will be picked up by the 4 remaining stabilizers if auto-levelling works under these conditions?

Thank you,
    Serban
    Last edited by serban; 05-14-2023 at 05:33 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serban View Post
    I recently purchased the 336M and am looking at storage options while I am waiting for it to be delivered. Since our town has no restrictions for driveway parking (at least for now), I am considering storing at home. It is a 70' long double driveway with a 4 deg grade (or about 9%). Here are a few questions for those that park a trailer this size at home...

1) Can I prevent driveway damage/sinking (typical residential asphalt driveway) by using 2" PT lumber to distribute the load? Each of the two axles carries 7,000 lb and the remaining 3,000 lb goes on the front stabilizers. These numbers correspond to the GVWR.
    2) Will I be able to level the trailer using the auto-level function considering the grade?
    3) How much of the load will be picked up by the 4 remaining stabilizers if auto-levelling works under these conditions?

Thank you,
    Serban
    1) No question, yes, a nice sized block of 2X12 will easily keep the load from sinking into a driveway
    2) I'm not sure how much grade that is, if you block the front (or rear) with multiple 2X12s you can get more leveling capabilities, but there is a limit, just not sure what that limit is
    3) Again, block them as appropriate, if your rear is low, put 1 2X12 under that jack (to prevent damage to the driveway), 2 under the middle, 3 under the front. Or more. The system is pretty smart about trying to get the level, but it's not "thinking" about why the front jack is lifting with only 3in of stroke instead of the 9in it would normally need.
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F