User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260RD Outside Screw pops on black trim with separation

When packing up from a trip this weekend, I noticed that the black trim on the outside bottom had separated from the wall. the bottom 3-4 screws had popped breaking in half. Some were missing and some were still in their holes (loose) and had not come out of their holes yet.

Nothing out of the ordinary for use on the slide which houses our 3 seat recliner, fridge and small pantry. The separation at the very bottom was about 1/2" on both sides, left and right.

Unfortunately, I could not take photos of the condition when we were packing up as my phone was dead. I do have pictures of it after we got back home and ran the slide back out. There was no unusual weight in the slide. The fridge was lightly packed for a short weekend trip and we do not store anything behind the couch except for 2 small blankets.

I have located some TSBs for other GD model trailers. In those TSBs they listed either the wrong type screw being installed or that they were overtightened at the factory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left Side with slide IN Text.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	432.0 KB 
ID:	46341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left side with slide OUT text.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	46342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right side with slide out text.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	46343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right side with slide in txt.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	46344

I believe it was a weight thing that could have caused this but there was no more weight on it than any other time. The trim "reset" back to its original position after I brought in the slide to come home.

Anyone experience or seen this before and if so, how was it corrected?
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will check mine out soon and get back to you...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No such issues on my 260RD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230516_151148912.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	46351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230516_151131607.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	46352

We have had some issues with the seals on the slide binding. Our dealer lubricated the slide (I know Lippert says not to) and the slide has worked much better since then. Could your issue have something to do with binding since it only happens with the slide out? Another theory, rough roads. I installed Sumo Springs to smooth out the ride on our coach. I wonder how many of the problems people have with their coaches is due to the stress of rough roads.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lubricate my periodically so I do not think that is the issue. I have been considering Sumos as I have them on my 2500 and love them.
    GD is sending me replacement screws to finish the repair myself.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue on my 29RS kitchen slide. Four screws broken off on the trim piece. I filled the old holes with silicone, drilled new holes an inch above the old ones, put in new 1"stainless steel screws.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those screws are fine on mine, but I did notice that most of the 'rack' screws were not tightened correctly. So I hand tightened them with a square bit driver until they all felt the same. Not sure if there is a torque value for these...
    Correct me if I am wrong, OP, but those screws of yours are associated with the alignment of the 4 racks, correct?
    There is supposed to be 2.5" from the rack face to the edge of the black trim, +/- 1/8".
    One of mine is at 2.75" and I am wondering if that may be contributing to my slide woes...
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 07-03-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue