User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compass Connect issues

We finally brought our 2023 2970RL home on the weekend. I had Compass Connect configured easily enough right off the bat using the QR code that was stuck above the control panel. I went to bring an awning in using my phone and it said it was offline. I tried every thing I could to connect again but no luck. I decided to start over and delete the app and remove the bluetooth device. I went to set it up again but we had removed the sticker from the wall as it was starting to peel and we wanted to keep it safe. Apparently keeping it safe meant losing it and I assume it it got thrown in a garbage at some point. Now I can't connect it again.

I did some internet troubleshooting and I was bale to find the actual module under my bathroom sink. There looked like there should have been another sticker on there but it was already removed so I basically have no sticker with a QR code or password. I called the dealer and they thought that that other sticker may be in my stack of documentation so I'll look through that.

If I fail to find that other sticker, what are my options?
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our panel has a bluetooth button on the top right and when you hit it, you see the system on your phone under Bluetooth. If this doesn't work please post a picture of your panel, than might help get actually useful answers.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    Our panel has a bluetooth button on the top right and when you hit it, you see the system on your phone under Bluetooth. If this doesn't work please post a picture of your panel, than might help get actually useful answers.
    I have the same panel I guess because there is a bluetooth button in the top right corner. All I get when I press that now is a message saying that it can't pair on my phone. I'm pretty sure it's because I removed that device from the list of paired devices when I went to start over.

Here's a picture of a very similar panel:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9582_33 (1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	46350

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up to my original post, I couldn't find the other sticker in my pile of documentation. The dealer said they wouldn't have removed that 2nd sticker. Would GD do that during the build? If so, why? I may have screwed up by losing the first sticker but I'm quite annoyed that the other sticker is not on the module. Also lost in all this is the fact that the stupid app stopped working the same day I set it up in the first place.

Anyway, I emailed Lippert at their support email address. I'll probably also call tomorrow so I'll see if they can help.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    As a follow up to my original post, I couldn't find the other sticker in my pile of documentation. The dealer said they wouldn't have removed that 2nd sticker. Would GD do that during the build? If so, why? I may have screwed up by losing the first sticker but I'm quite annoyed that the other sticker is not on the module. Also lost in all this is the fact that the stupid app stopped working the same day I set it up in the first place.

Anyway, I emailed Lippert at their support email address. I'll probably also call tomorrow so I'll see if they can help.
    Look in your manual packet. GD started putting a sheet in there with all your QR codes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the off line issue, I believe you need to activate / wake up the physical panel to get it back on line, I think they do this for safety but it is a pain.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Look in your manual packet. GD started putting a sheet in there with all your QR codes.
    Looked through all our documentation at least 3 times with no luck. I'll see what Lippert says.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    For the off line issue, I believe you need to activate / wake up the physical panel to get it back on line, I think they do this for safety but it is a pain.
    Well that makes it kind of pointless then. Maybe not having it working won't be such a loss. lol

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Lippert. They have been very helpful when I had connection problems even with the QR code. You may have to reset the board, or the network configuration on your phone. They should be able to help in either case.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    I have the same panel I guess because there is a bluetooth button in the top right corner. All I get when I press that now is a message saying that it can't pair on my phone. I'm pretty sure it's because I removed that device from the list of paired devices when I went to start over.

Here's a picture of a very similar panel:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9582_33 (1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	46350
    That is very similar to what we have, so I have no further suggestions. Hope Lippert helps you out.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast