User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update on the original issue, I ended up contacting Lippert and they said the control box would need to be replaced as once the stickers are gone I won't be able to pair my phone with the unit. They created a work order number and I contacted the dealer with that info. They will will order the part from Lippert and let me know when it's in and will replace it under warranty.

My mistake for losing the original sticker but good on Lippert for helping me out.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?????

Remove and restore the app on your phone.

Hit the Bluetooth button on the control panel.

Bluetooth search on the phone.

Pair device and have at it.

I didn’t even know there WAS a QR code for it, until I was rooting through the documents - two weeks after connecting to it.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    We finally brought our 2023 2970RL home on the weekend. I had Compass Connect configured easily enough right off the bat using the QR code that was stuck above the control panel. I went to bring an awning in using my phone and it said it was offline. I tried every thing I could to connect again but no luck. I decided to start over and delete the app and remove the bluetooth device. I went to set it up again but we had removed the sticker from the wall as it was starting to peel and we wanted to keep it safe. Apparently keeping it safe meant losing it and I assume it it got thrown in a garbage at some point. Now I can't connect it again.

I did some internet troubleshooting and I was bale to find the actual module under my bathroom sink. There looked like there should have been another sticker on there but it was already removed so I basically have no sticker with a QR code or password. I called the dealer and they thought that that other sticker may be in my stack of documentation so I'll look through that.

If I fail to find that other sticker, what are my options?
    The reason everything was offline was because you have to close out the ap on your phone. On the iPhone to close the ap you push it up part way and stop than you push it up all the way until it disappears.
    When you open up the ap again it will reconnect. Every time the phone goes into standby the ap has to be reconnected which means you have to close the ap on your phone and than reopen it.
    Last edited by Malco1; 05-27-2023 at 09:43 PM. Reason: more info
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Najataagihe View Post
    ?????

Remove and restore the app on your phone.

Hit the Bluetooth button on the control panel.

Bluetooth search on the phone.

Pair device and have at it.

I didn’t even know there WAS a QR code for it, until I was rooting through the documents - two weeks after connecting to it.
    Yeah I tried that. Many times.

I'm actually quite technically inclined and I do know what I'm doing. Considering Lippert is replacing the module tells me your simplistic reply isn't the solution.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a simplistic reply, but one relating MY experience.

Most Bluetooth scans result in asking for verification of a numeric code that has to match on both ends.

Since I had no other Bluetooth devices in the area, I just agreed to pair with whatever showed up on the phone.

The fact that Lippert is sending you a new one merely tells me your original is truly defective.

Also, it is incredibly shoddy engineering to rely on a paper label for a digital serial number.

At least, engrave or screen print the thing on the device!
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Najataagihe View Post
    Not a simplistic reply, but one relating MY experience.

Most Bluetooth scans result in asking for verification of a numeric code that has to match on both ends.

Since I had no other Bluetooth devices in the area, I just agreed to pair with whatever showed up on the phone.

The fact that Lippert is sending you a new one merely tells me your original is truly defective.

Also, it is incredibly shoddy engineering to rely on a paper label for a digital serial number.

At least, engrave or screen print the thing on the device!
    I agree but there is a 2nd label on the control box that was missing and the dealer insists that they never remove things like that so it must have been GD when the trailer was built. I will be taking a picture of the label on the new one so I'll have that info forever.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    I will be taking a picture of the label on the new one so I'll have that info forever.
    Oh, HECK, yeah!
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to bump this thread, my dealer got the new Lippert Unity control box sent to them from Lippert under warranty. I asked the dealer if it could be sent to me so I could replace it and that way I wouldn't have to tow my trailer 90 minutes each way to get it replaced. They said that worked for them and they said it was a simple plug and play replacement. My plan is to take a picture of the current one, disconnect all power to the trailer, replace the control box and then power everything back up. This is similar to the one I'll be replacing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	47957

Are there any extra steps that need to be done? The dealer said there shouldn't be.

I have the same style of panel as the picture and my Unity box is easily accessible under my bathroom sink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault (1).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	47958

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to wrap this up, I replaced the box and all is working including with the app.

I disconnected shore power, disconnected the negative post on the battery, and then moved over every wire on the old box to the new box one by one. I have pictures of everything now and have put one of the stickers in a safe place.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2500RL. I just restart my phone and C Connect works perfectly. There was a CC update that I had to reload and start over 6 weeks ago. Restarted my android and new Bluetooth connection works fine.

But, I still have to restart my phone every time I want to connect. No big deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast