User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP regulator recall fraud

It all depends on the paperwork that the OP signed when taking back his rig. That would be the first place to look. If you challenge them, make sure they don’t come back with paperwork signed that all work was done and rig accepted. Unfortunately the burden of proof is on the OP. I wish him luck because what the dealership did sucks!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure the State Attorney”s Office would be interested in this. Especially if you can get pictures of false the repair that was submitted. Falsifying a safety recall repair and returning the vehicle in an unsafe condition. Someone would loose their job or perhaps at least face a BIG fine levied on the dealership.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    It all depends on the paperwork that the OP signed when taking back his rig. That would be the first place to look. If you challenge them, make sure they don’t come back with paperwork signed that all work was done and rig accepted. Unfortunately the burden of proof is on the OP. I wish him luck because what the dealership did sucks!

Bill
    This is an excellent point. I don't actually recall whether I signed anything. I suspect not (or else they would have sent GD a copy of that paperwork instead of a picture of someone else's rig).

What I think probably happened is someone on their end simply screwed up or miscommunicated and returned my trailer to me even tho it wasn't done, and then later they covered it up or pencil-whipped it and hoped for the best.

At this point I wish I had requested the old parts be returned by the dealer that actually did the replacement recently. Without that, all I really have as evidence is the date/location metadata in the pictures I took after I got the rig back from Bretz.

Lots of learning all the way around. Take the time to verify work done, and if something goes wrong, deal with it right away instead of waiting 2 years. Regardless, I'm glad to have the regulator replaced.
    Last edited by velosapiens; 05-17-2023 at 08:10 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same letter about the regulator I Never go back to a dealer for any reason.
    For $60.00 and 20 minutes of my I replaced the regulator.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience (from GD) is that I had to have to "Drop Test" done by a "certified" repair technician. They sent me 3 letters total because my VIN reflects that the recall had NOT been satisfied. GD actually paid for a replacement regulator (WinnTec) right after I purchased my unit in 2019 (the recall wasn't yet published) due to shady behavior.
    I currently have all of the "hopefully" necessary paperwork at GD as we speak. This includes an invoice from a Mobil RV Repair Tech for install and "Drop Down" test, and a receipt where I purchased the regulator from a local RV Parts establishment!
    Fingers Crossed.
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have not had my regulator officially approved. When the recall first came out we were about ready to leave on our first trip of the season. Knowing I wouldn't have time for my dealer to do the work, I ordered an approved regulator and did my own replacement. I did a leak check and all has been good. The next fall, when I had them winterize, I had them perform the regulator checks and all was good. I am still getting letters from GD that I have not had the regulator replaced. My dealer says they will need to take off my perfectly good regulator and replace it. Jeesh!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right after I replaced my original regulator, I made the conscious decision to NOT travel without a spare regulator, so I ordered a second one (brackets, hoses, and regulator as an assembly) from E-Bay. Yes I don't trust E-Bay that well, but they are as good as the under paid staff at GD in Northern Indiana. My thought process then (recall had been initiated) is that my regulators came from a different batch than those used by GD (seemingly all of the other manufacturers as well) and the one installed was working well and NOT showing signs of recall necessity, so I actually forgot about it. Now I have a complete spare WinnTec regulator should my now installed CAMCO decide to not work?
    GD clearly has "Pitbull DNA" and was/is not willing to let things go!
    Last edited by marine6805; 05-20-2023 at 05:24 PM.
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in your area, and also with your State Consumer protection office. Let Bretz know you are doing that, then plan on never using them again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took to a local independent repair shop. They replaced the regulator, documented the drop test on the invoice. I sent the invoice to Grand Design and they sent me a check. The local dealer where I live is useless. such a nice trailer but a crummy dealer network.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Sorry to hear you were treated poorly. That recall is interesting, I received a recall notice from GD. When I took it to my dealer they said my regulator isn't covered by the recall. I'm confused now, and will probably replace the regulator on my own dime, but at least my dealer didn't lie and cheat.
    I wasn't about to hook up and take it to the dealer in town so I contacted GD and they sent me a new regulator. Haven't installed it yet, will do that this week.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast