User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all! I go by the username “Squitter” and my wife and I own a 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE RV. We bought it just over a year ago and it is our main hobby. I am retired USAF and also retired from the FAA Flight Inspection Department. We both have a history of camping, her with her parents, then with me when we married. Her folks had an old Prowler they trekked from coast to coast. We started tent camping when we were first married and have some adventures we never want to repeat. We moved to a “Pop-Up” trailer once the kids were old enough to go with us. We next got into a 15 ft travel trailer we really liked until it was destroyed by a tornado and replaced with a larger “Pop Up”. We bought the Imagine XLS 22MLE in March 2022. The new RV is just what we always wanted and we love it. We both feel like we are still learning new and different techniques with all the technological upgrades as well as from the campers we meet along the way. There’s nothing better than preparing and driving the rig down the highway feeling like we know what we are doing, then setting up camp and raising a glass to celebrate the experience. We recently camped our way from Oklahoma to the east coast to visit family and, although we were very proud to have made the trip, we learned we were pressing ourselves too much. Now we try to plan trips that are no more than one day of driving, one-way, and then stay a few days or more at each location. Looking forward to talkin to everyone.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squitter View Post
    Hi all! I go by the username “Squitter” and my wife and I own a 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE RV. We bought it just over a year ago and it is our main hobby. I am retired USAF and also retired from the FAA Flight Inspection Department. We both have a history of camping, her with her parents, then with me when we married. Her folks had an old Prowler they trekked from coast to coast. We started tent camping when we were first married and have some adventures we never want to repeat. We moved to a “Pop-Up” trailer once the kids were old enough to go with us. We next got into a 15 ft travel trailer we really liked until it was destroyed by a tornado and replaced with a larger “Pop Up”. We bought the Imagine XLS 22MLE in March 2022. The new RV is just what we always wanted and we love it. We both feel like we are still learning new and different techniques with all the technological upgrades as well as from the campers we meet along the way. There’s nothing better than preparing and driving the rig down the highway feeling like we know what we are doing, then setting up camp and raising a glass to celebrate the experience. We recently camped our way from Oklahoma to the east coast to visit family and, although we were very proud to have made the trip, we learned we were pressing ourselves too much. Now we try to plan trips that are no more than one day of driving, one-way, and then stay a few days or more at each location. Looking forward to talkin to everyone.
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service. The 22MLE is a very popular floorplan, glad to hear it's doing well for you. Yes, we're like you, no need to be in a hurry, "pressing" can lead to mistakes (don't ask me how I know).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, and welcome to the group. We really love our 22mle. Big rig feel with everything you need in a small footprint that tracks real well behind you.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE