User Tag List

Thread: control app

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy control app

I know that there is at least 2 apps to control functions (slides, leveling, lights, slides, etc). I've used One Control and/or the Compass app sice I bought my 2020 303RLS with no problems until this spring. Now anything that requires power (slides, awnings, levelling), the app quits communicating after one to ten seconds. The app doesn't crash, the appliance just quits moving and I have to push the button again, then it just stops again. About one to two feet at a time on an awning or slide.
    Not good for slides - I know! It still works fine for the lights (on/off stuff).
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps independently to try each by themselves without the other app installed but no change. The manual controls that are built into the 5th wheel work fine but the app was nice when operating the awnings, leveling, and slides. I'm thinking one of the controllers went kapoot.
    Jeff
    2016 Ram 3500 6.7L
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jostby View Post
    I know that there is at least 2 apps to control functions (slides, leveling, lights, slides, etc). I've used One Control and/or the Compass app sice I bought my 2020 303RLS with no problems until this spring. Now anything that requires power (slides, awnings, levelling), the app quits communicating after one to ten seconds. The app doesn't crash, the appliance just quits moving and I have to push the button again, then it just stops again. About one to two feet at a time on an awning or slide.
    Not good for slides - I know! It still works fine for the lights (on/off stuff).
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps independently to try each by themselves without the other app installed but no change. The manual controls that are built into the 5th wheel work fine but the app was nice when operating the awnings, leveling, and slides. I'm thinking one of the controllers went kapoot.
    Jeff
    It's the app. In your app store, there should be a way to contact them. Do so and let them know what your issue(s) is (are).
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW the same thing is happening to me with my phone. Manually leveling the jacks with the app was so infuriating.

I tried using a spare old phone I have and it worked flawlessly. So it's obviously some compatibility issues with the app and some phones (or android versions?). My phone is a Samsung s23 ultra and old working one is a note 10.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jostby View Post
    Jeff
    I too have had trouble with the awning stopping and starting while working from the app. It worked flawlessly when I first installed. Haven't changed phones since then. It must be something to do with the app. Have you reached out to anyone about the fix? I didn't see anything in the app store about contacting "Lippert."
    2021 Imagine 2910BH
    2020 Chevy 2500 HD Crew, 6.6L Duramax, Z71, 4X4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    I too have had trouble with the awning stopping and starting while working from the app. It worked flawlessly when I first installed. Haven't changed phones since then. It must be something to do with the app. Have you reached out to anyone about the fix? I didn't see anything in the app store about contacting "Lippert."
    [email protected]
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Thank you. I have emailed them. Once I hear back, I'll post my findings.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I called LCI support about this. They are aware of the problem and it is an APP issue. An update is in the works but could be months. I was afraid it was my control head bt glad to hear its only an App issue. It is weird because it use to work fine on my phone then started that intermittent connection issue. Stay calm and be patient!
    Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Brian and Lennette
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgway View Post
    So, I called LCI support about this. They are aware of the problem and it is an APP issue. An update is in the works but could be months. I was afraid it was my control head bt glad to hear its only an App issue. It is weird because it use to work fine on my phone then started that intermittent connection issue. Stay calm and be patient!
    Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Sounds good. At least someone got in touch with them and they are attempting a fix. Thanks.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgway View Post
    Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Probably the phone operating system may have updated.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA