User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    As long as you recoat with good wax as Dawn soap will cut through all the wax.

Bill
    Well of course---that's a given in my book if you are going to use the dish soap on any surface that has wax applied. I use this stuff after to recoat and apply the wax. Super easy to apply with great results. My motto is work smarter---not harder!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU...roduct_details

Dave
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bottle with 2 parts vinegar, a dash of Dawn, and water to the top.
    Spray, let soak, then use the auto brush to clean it off. I also wax that cap twice a year, that assists in getting the bugs off.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Totally agree. Best thing ever. Been doing this for years.
    Dryer sheets are the best answer IMO. Once you get the dryer sheet wet, do a small section at a time, without letting the dryer sheet "soap" dry. Rinse. Repeat.

Once I finish with the cap (6 or so dryer sheets) I hit it with some Wash Wax All and go on my way.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure about cleaning but after you get it cleaned a trick I learned many years ago is to spray the front with Pam cooking spray the bug whip right off.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A product called Black Streak Remover used to be very common before they started putting rain gutters on RVs. And that stuff is great at removing bugs and stains as well. Spray it on, let it sit several minutes, then wipe it off. Might be worth a try. Doesn't remove wax or damage decals in my experience.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can find it, one of the best products to use is Bug-Z. Will remove black streaks and bug residue. It’s sold wholesale typically to car dealers. I’m not aware of any retail sales of this formula, but if anyone does find it retail, please post a reply. As I have a family connection to a dealership, I’ve used it for years.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saguido View Post
    I've tried to do a search on removing bugs from the nose of a 5th wheel but I get about 500 threads on everything from greasing the suspension to leveling problems. I can get the bug carcass off, and since my nose has a lot of black paint, I can still see "stains" where the bugs were. Can someone help me with this?
    Thanks in advance.
    I use Bugs-n-All. Best thing I’ve ever used to remove most anything from camper any tow vehicle.

https://www.amazon.com/ProSol-Works-...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have love bugs in FL, if not cleaned off, they will etch the paint. No cleaner will help, only rubbing compound. Keep the surface waxed, then to remove the bugs, wet a towel and cover the bugs, leave to soak for 30 mins. They wipe right off.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aerowax waterless car wash works great for removing bug debris.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm180 View Post
    We have love bugs in FL, if not cleaned off, they will etch the paint. No cleaner will help, only rubbing compound. Keep the surface waxed, then to remove the bugs, wet a towel and cover the bugs, leave to soak for 30 mins. They wipe right off.
    We were in Florida last May & June. Drove to Key West. Had lots of love bugs on front of 5th wheel and truck. Used Bugs-n-All when ever possible. Bugs came right off with micro fiber sponge and very little effort. Same with buddies rig. Everyone I give it to loves it. That said, like anything else it may not be for everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast