Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RR Jack "FAULT"...not "ERROR"

2020 29RS 5ver
    Lippert 4 point electric levelling , One Control system, fuses good , connections good,shore power on
    When auto levelling... the Front jacks do their thing , then when the rear jacks start to move the system "Faults". The RR jack will make a sudden "jerk", like a momentary rotation movement..then the system "Faults"....stopping the Auto level process. The message on the One Control screen says "RR Jack Fault"...to clear Fault press "Enter" to retract all jacks.
    Well...I press enter...the front jacks retract fully , (the rear jacks don't have to retract because they are still retracted)... Auto Level again....same result...can do this procedure 6 -7 times....and it eventually it may auto level and the RR jack will work and not Fault. Also, note that selecting Manual on the One Control screen , RR Jack will not move.(Although a couple times it has)
    So...the jack motor does work (sometimes)
    Lippert sent me a complete new wiring harness for the RR Jack , still have the issue even with the new wiring harness.

So frustrating that I now level side to side on boards, "Auto Level" until the system faults, then use a power drill and socket to extend the rear jacks.
    Looking for suggestions as to what I can check, how to troubleshoot? Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been exposed to the electric Auto Level, but is there a way to feed power directly to the jack in question? It sounds like the jack itself isn't working correctly.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every so often I get the fault on my trailer when auto leveling. I have the electric 6 point level, and when one of the jacks gets near, or goes to its max extension, I get an "out of stroke" error, and then a LF (left front) fault. Haven't figured out why it defaults to the LF, when it is a rear or stabilizer problem. Instead of reconnecting to the truck to retract all the legs, I put the control box into manual mode, finish the leveling, and clear the error when I leave.

I would also agree that your problem may be the motor in that jack. It should not "jerk". Do you get the fault if you just extend that leg only?
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot extend the RR jack in manual mode, it doesn't fault , just wont move. I can extend all other legs in manual mode, but the fault has to be cleared first by "Pressing enter to retract all jacks" and starting over.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 6 way ground control 3.0 electric leveling system. Just a guess, it seems like your problem is isolated the the jack itself, could be the hall effect sensor in the jack motor assembly or the worm gear drive inside the jack. There are multiple troubleshooting videos on you tube that can help you diagnose the problem.

The problem seems like its with the specific jacks and probably not the control module, wiring or control panel. The leveling system is always power enabled by the 12V battery system. You could try to remove all power and then disconnect the battery system to in effect reset the control module, but I'm not sure this is going to help with your situation.

In our RV the control module is screwed to the overhead in the front storage compartment, you could check there, on the controller to see if there are any plugs or wiring that is loose. The plugs should be labeled as to right rear, left rear, left or right front etc. I might try to swap the plugs (power and sensor) on the controller for right and left rear, then try to manually operate the jack. Remember that now your rear jacks are swapped, and so if the problem moves to the left rear , it seems to indicate its the jack itself.

The Lippert front or rear/mid jack replacements are available through places like Amazon or E-trailer.

Check out this video, see if it helps you,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAKzOaTwMSs
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-19-2023 at 08:16 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevnVal View Post
    Cannot extend the RR jack in manual mode, it doesn't fault , just wont move. I can extend all other legs in manual mode, but the fault has to be cleared first by "Pressing enter to retract all jacks" and starting over.
    You have a problem with the jack, itself, not the jack motor or controller.

BTDT, different manufacturer.

Check the MECHANICAL part of the jack for bent or jammed parts - usually the drive screw or gearbox.

If you can disconnect the gearbox, see if the rest of the jack works.

If so - bad gearbox.

If not - keep looking!

Good luck.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrtTY_lMoFc

This video shows how these rear jacks make a quick "rotational" jerk before lowering. Mine does that ....then faults.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking you had a different type jack from what is shown in that video.

With the system shown, check the individual jack's valve.

Swap it or the entire jack with the one on the other side to test, properly.

I would rap that valve, GENTLY, and see if I could knock loose whatever is making it stick.

If it starts working after rapping on it, replace it.

You COULD try to take it apart and clean it, but those things are like spark plugs.

As my old boss (a retired Coast Guard Chief Engineer) used to tell me was the proper procedure for cleaning them:

Put the spark plug in the cleaner

Clean it

Gap it

Throw it away

Install a new one

Valves stick for a reason.

They may be blocked, an actuating cylinder may be damaged, a piston may leak or have gotten cock-eyed in the bore (gouging the cylinder), a seal may be blown or torn from a scratch in the bore, etc., etc, etc.

Since the rest of the system works, the problem is with that one jack.

Since the jack does that rotational "bump" you mentioned, the solenoid is trying to work.

It acts like the valve is defective.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are not hydraulic jacks in the video or on my rig, no valves to stick, electric only.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!

You mean, I got it right, the first time???

Wait, until I show my wife…
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast